Sunday, November 22, 2009

My grown up Christmas list

Even though Christmas isn't about the getting, I still have some things on my own wish list. Right after the things I won't get (such as peace on earth, a gym membership and a maid) there are a few things that I'm wishing for:

Maybe a cute scarf like this
or this
An itunes gift card. We need some new tunes on the ipod, preferably before our 4 hr car ride to South Dakota for Christmas. ;)
I checked this book out from the library and I think it is a keeper. I already have some recipes bookmared with sticky notes, but don't think I'll get to try them before the holidays.

Another cookbook I have my eye on is the one from The Pioneer Woman. She is a "famous" blogger who has wonderful recipes. Yes, I could look them up online but I am a visual learner and prefer to have a copy in front of me.

This has been on my wishlist since this summer, and of course everyone is going to have one now because The Pioneer Woman (mentioned above) recently posted a site called The Vintage Pearl
which has hand stamped jewelry. It may have to be moved to my birthday list. Of course I would order one with my own children's names on it. ;)
Yes, I almost hate to admit that I have Ugg boots on my wishlist.

Again, I've been contemplating them for over a year but just can't seem to part with that much money in one shot for a pair of boots. Yet everyone I've talked to just loves them. I know there are cheaper knock offs, but I haven't found a pair of those I liked. They may just be a "wish" for a long time, until I decide to finally get some and then they will be long out of style.

I also may have gotten a few things last week that can be considered early Christmas gifts. I've been looking for a new purse forever and haven't found one I loved. Although I wouldn't say I'm absolutely in love with this one, it seemed to be close enough and I was ready for a change. Hubby should be glad I can retire my corduroy "hobo" bag. Not hobo as in hobo style, hobo as in it looks like a vagrant should be carrying it from train to train. Isn't he nice.


What I liked most about the bag was the cute lining inside:I found a red wallet to go with and now I'm set for a few months.

My other early Christmas gift was this:

I had heard a lot of good things about these coffee makers, and I think it lives up to the hype. I just got the simplest model which I think fits my needs just fine. I can't even count the number of cups of coffee I've already made, and that doesn't include other hot drinks like apple cider and hot chocolate. So now I can add to my Christmas list a sample pack of coffees/chai tea/hot chocolate from a site like Big Cat Coffees.
What are you hoping Santa brings you?

6 comments:

Kim said...

Looks like a pretty good list!

Unknown said...

My list is small this year - one thing for our family's exchange, one thing for Nate's family exchange and two things from Nate.

PW Cooks (copycat :p)
anthropologie measuring cup set
GC to Sephora
GC to B&N

And then of course one or two other things that will be saved for my birfday.

Jake Hislop said...

I lOVE pioneer woman! the jewelry is very cool. I've been very into photo jewelry lately. I just need to order something for myself! I may have to borrow somethings from your list...

Unknown said...

I like your positive attitude about things. I am smiling when I was reading your wish list. I also have a wish list almost like yours - peace on earth, maid, and a very expensive shoes - in which in my mind, there's a struggle on whether to buy it or just save the money for food on the table. Oh well, I just can't have everything in life. Rental Property Management

Jenn M said...

Big Cat, huh? very cool!! love your wish list...I'm trying hard to break into the scarf-wearing crowd but I just haven't been able to yet, I'm just not that cool. Your choices might inspire me!

Bad Mommy said...

Hey K, look at that! You've grown so popular you're now getting spam! ;)

Love the wish list. :)