Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Heart Warming

We got our first measurable snow Sunday night and the girls were so excited. After Emma got home from school yesterday, they wanted to play outside. I bundled everyone up and they were happy to play outside for over an hour. Too cold for me!

Once they came back in, they wanted to turn the fireplace on and have hot chocolate. The living room was lit by the Christmas tree, and there they sat in front of the fireplace. Emma had gone and got a Christmas song book she has and read "The Night Before Christmas" to Leah and then they sang Christmas songs. It was truly a heart warming sight! Ah, to be a child again and find the wonder of the season in the little things.

2 comments:

Cristin said...

I have mixed feelings about the snow... I dread the mess and hassle, but the kids' reactions make it so much better!

And turning ON the fireplace?? Like with a button? I like having a fire, but ours involves lots of messy wood and dust....

kmm0305 said...

Ha, Cristin--I almost forgot about making fires the REAL way. ;) Yes, press a button--poof--flames! We had a real fireplace growing up, this just isn't the same but the convenience is nice.