Friday, July 10, 2009

Lazy Days of Summer

As someone *cough, Glenda* pointed out on Facebook, it has been awhile since my last post. Like about two weeks. And although I wish I could say I was too busy organizing the closets that need it desperately or I was working on the girls' baby books which are fairly empty and incomplete at 6 and 4 years after their birth--that wouldn't be the truth. The truth is being lazy takes up a lot of time.

I will say in the past two weeks we have been to a minor league baseball game, picniced (is that a word?), got drenched, watched fireworks, played golf (not me, hubby), ate good food, played with cousins and second cousins, had family photos taken, visited the zoo, watched hubby play softball, visited with a college friend, and went out with adults by myself. So see, I haven't been that lazy. But since most of that happened in a three day span, we don't do too much on our "off" days.

I promise, there will be more posts coming. There are things I can talk about like how maybe we have conquered potty training. And how I am crazy and am running a 5K tomorrow. Maybe even some pictures of our fun three-day vacation to Omaha. And next week the girls and I are making our annual trek to my hometown for the county fair, so lots of blog fodder there.

Before that I'll leave you with a link to a preview from our family photos. I "met" Amy online when she and her husband were looking for information on the hospital in Omaha as they were expecting a baby with CDH and leaning toward moving there. Their CDH baby, Liviana, is now almost 18 months old and cuter than can be. Amy joins me in the ranks of overeducated and underpaid moms as she also has a master's degree and stays home. She recently discovered a love for photography and started her own business. I was so happy that she was able to meet up with us in Omaha and meet Leah and take some pictures. Check them out here. And that adorable girl in her header is Miss Liviana, their CDH miracle.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I like how there's another Emma and Leah on Amy's site! :)

Are you eating pasta tonight to carb up for the race? See you sometime tomorrow!!