Tuesday, September 8, 2009

How Original

When asked what she wanted to be for Halloween, Emma said: "Maybe a different breed of dog?" (She was a Dalmatian last year)

Leah aspires to be a princess and wants to wear her princess hat she got for her birthday, which is pink. (She was a pink princess last year)

I knew if I suggested Emma go as a Ghostbuster, she may change her mind. She has watched the movie a few times this summer, and I think it would be appropriate because her dad went as a Ghostbuster when he was younger. When I brought it up, she was all for it--except she wants to go as Slimer. "And then Dad could be a big Ghostbuster and he could suck me up!" I will admit, that is a great duo costume idea.

So now I am on the lookout for kids size medium tan coveralls. I usually make (or actually my mom or my SIL make, I'm just the creative director) the girls' Halloween costumes. I'm not ready yet to pay $35 plus shipping for a cheapy Ghostbusters mass produced costume. I have almost 2 months, right?!

1 comment:

TJ said...

Mable is going as Medusa. I think we are going to do a flowing, simple gown and weave snakes in her hair somehow.

Pearl wants to be a pink cat.