Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Miss Independent

Photobucket
Geesh, you give a kid a kindergarten diploma and she thinks she's ready to "set off" on her own. Seriously, those were her exact words. We were talking to the fabric cutting lady at JoAnn's and Emma told her she was going to set off on her own when she had enough money and buy a dog. Where does she come up with this stuff?

Here she is getting her diploma at the end of the school year
Photobucket
And with Grandma who came to watch the program
Photobucket

Her plan is to move into the house next door and live by herself. But she would come over to get food of course and Dad would pay the bills. Why do I foresee her living with us after college?

She is our athelete and just finished up softball. Albert Pujols, watch out!
Photobucket
Hubby was working on her batting out in the front yard and she was crushing that plastic Better Batter Baseball ball. The next night she had a game and told her coach "My dad gave me a few tips for batting." When her coach asked her what they were, she replied, "I don't remember."

If you remember, she used to wish she was a boy. She liked boy colors. She wanted her hair like a boy. Last night she asked if she could sleep in just pants with no shirt, just like a boy. I told her that was fine because I remember wanting to do the same thing when I was about her age.

But she surprised me yesterday when she asked to get a dress. And she wanted it to be just like Leah's so they could match. Huh? Where did this come from? The girls want to surprise Daddy on Friday for his birthday by wearing matching dresses. We'll see what he thinks since the last time I dressed them the same he thought it was silly and said, "They aren't twins, you know." That time it wasn't voluntary; this time they thought of it themselves.

I really should start writing down the funny things Emma says. Like this morning when she told me I should really clean up the cat puke because, "When I am a Mom, I would clean it up right away!" Or the other night at supper after I told her "no" to something she told me, "I would always say 'yes'!" She has many parenting tips for me, yet she claims she isn't going to have kids when she grows up.

Just stay like you are, I'm not looking forward to the angst of the pre-teen/teenage years!
Photobucket

1 comment:

TJ said...

She is such a cute little girl. Mable thinks she can run the world too. Good luck with that! Real life isn't that much fun ~ stay little.