Tuesday, June 16, 2009

The Shoe Saga part Deux

After three months of buying and returning various sizes, styles, and colors of running shoes I may have found a winner!! You may be saying, "yeah right, you said that a month and a half ago" but this time I think it is for real. If you remember this post, I had my hoped pinned on a very cute pair of Sauconys. I got them, put them on, and wore them while making dinner. Just during that short period of time my shins started to hurt, so they went back in the box without even getting a trial run on the treadmill.




After some research, I came up with these

They are Saucony ProGrid Guide 2, in wide. I would've loved to get the orange and white to be funky, but they didn't come in wide. Blue happens to be one of my least favorite colors (sorry, KKG) but hey if the shoe fits. Ha ha. I have been on the treadmill about 5 times with these and no pain--not even from my bunions. I did order two different sizes and am waiting on the next size up to come to see if I'm in the right size.

All I can say is thank god for online shoe places that have free shipping/return shipping. I know I've sent back at least 6 pairs of shoes so far. The place where I ended up with these is www.runningwarehouse.com and I'll buy from them again. They have free 2nd day UPS service and great customer service. They also have the cheapest price that I found on the shoes I wanted to order. Check them out, they have a large selection.

Now that I have the shoes, I need to get back into my C to 5K training. I've made it through once, started it up once again, and am now starting on Week 5 (once again). My sister and I are hoping to sign up for a local 5K on July 11th, so I need to get moving!

3 comments:

Cristin said...

I've never had any luck with sneakers... just for walking never mind running... I live in Danskos..

Darcy said...

Hey Kristyn,
I have an old pair of shoes that need to be replaced (when my husband gets a job that is). I was doing the 30 day shred and my biggest problem was the shin pain. When you say you did research...how? What was the issue with the shoes that was causing your shin pain?
Thanks!
darcy
http://ittybittyblog.wordpress.com

natalie said...

Just some thoughts on the shin pain I learned in class (coming from a current kinesiology student in Canada!). Try strengthening your calf muscles (you can do heel lifts for this, I do mine on the edge of a stair). Also before working out just sit down and bring your toes towards your shin (dorsiflexion) and back down (plantar flexion over and over for a few minutes. This will help warm up the muscle and get the blood to start flowing a bit.