Thursday, August 20, 2009

1st Day of School

It was finally here, that day that parents love the most and most teachers dread--the First Day of School. I know I have been looking forward to it, but with only one of them gone, I get to turn into Leah's playmate. Emma did a great job of that all summer. Leah already requested to play her Fancy Nancy game at 8am this morning.

Emma is not nervous about the first day of school. Now that she has a year under her belt, it isn't a big deal. Even deciding what to wear was not a momentous occasion in her book. Many times while we were shopping this summer I would hold up things and ask, "Would you like this for the first day of school?" to which she would answer, "Why do I have to wear something different? Can't I just wear regular clothes?" So while picking out just the right outfit for school may obsess some children, Emma could care less. She is going to be the one wearing yoga pants to school everyday because they are the only pants she will put on and not immediately have tears well up because they are "too tight" in the crotch. I've tried to tell myself this isn't a battle worth fighting and just buy her what she is comfortable in. Even though the brown twill roll-up pants from Old Navy look adorable on her, I know she will never wear them without the threat of death upon her.

And this would be the point where I would insert the picture of her from this morning, but for some reason my copy and paste doesn't work anymore. Anyone know what is up with that? Whenever I right click after copying something, it doesn't allow me to paste. Annoying as hell. Anyway, pictures are on facebook and I'll put them up here if I can figure out how to run this stupid mouse.

Let me just say that a thunderstorm in the middle of the night does not make for ideal sleeping conditions the night before the first day of school. And it was 60 degrees out this morning--nothing says the end of August like cold, wet weather. Ha.

I'm sure once Emma gets home and I ask her about her day, all she will remember is what she ate for lunch and maybe that recess was her favorite time of the day.

No comments: