Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Recovery Mode

We had weekend full of guests, food, presents, and good times. Friday I learned that we can sleep at least 8 adults and 5 kids in the house at one time. Heck, we still had floor space, we could've easily doubled that. I thought about charging everyone $50 a night to make some extra money, but I don't think my family would've appreciated that. We spent all day Saturday at the State Fair. I managed not to eat my weight in fried food this year, but we did get rained on which makes the experience just that much more fun. Sunday was Leah's party, complete with her "Four Year Old Dance" which looked like free form interpretive dance by a 4 year old. Impressive stuff.

Now I have the party hangover and about a million pounds of sheets and towels to wash, fold, and put away. That many people makes for a lot of laundry.

And you know, guess what?* School starts on Thursday. Yipee!!

*This is Leah's one and only conversation starter. And believe me, you don't want to start a conversation with her because you will hear "You know, guess what" about a thousand times. And by the time she has said her lead-in phrase, she usually forgets what you were supposed to know, so you get to hear it three or four more times in succession.

1 comment:

Bad Mommy said...

Yep. Spawn's is "Hey Mommy". Except she stutters, so it's more like, "He- he- he- heeeeeeeeyyyyyy Mommy".

Do we get the interpretive dance on video?

I cannot believe she's four already K. Time really flies.