Thursday, January 14, 2010

Christmas Hit

Sometimes Christmas gifts I think are going to be big hits end up being the duds. This year I Santa got one right:




Barbie and all her camping glory with the Barbie Glamour Camper. Yes, it is pink. Yes, it has GPS, a large screen tv, back of the seat DVD player, ipod, and chandelier. What camper doesn't come equipped with those basic necessities?


Santa brought the camper and the Kelly and Stacie dolls. I had looked for the "Camping Barbie" and almost bought her, but I knew Leah was getting a different Barbie for Christmas. The Barbie she has now has three outfit options for camping--a denim mini-skirt, a short, pink one shoulder dress, and a purple, form-fitting dress. Because there might be a formal event in the forest.


The camper also comes with its own shower and toilet that flushes. We also have a Ken doll who gets to go camping (you need someone to start the camp fire) and it is funny to watch them with Ken. The other day I caught Ken going to the bathroom just like a guy should standing up. At least he flushed and put the lid down. Ken, however, doesn't drive the camper--darn legs that don't bend.

I can see that we will be adding to Barbie's extreme lifestyle throughout the year. Right now it is the toy of choice and keeps both the girls entertained for long periods of time. Maybe she needs a small home to live in when she isn't out camping:



3 comments:

TJ said...

I was going to write a post on how much my kids dislike Barbies. My MIL gets them each a holiday Barbie every year (they are "collectible", so we have to keep them in the boxes, of course. ;)

Since someone complained (not me) that it is hard to give kids toy gifts they can't play with, she now gives them each ANOTHER cheap Barbie. *sigh*

Mable opened her Barbie and said "this will be a good gift to give to poor kids." ;)

kmm0305 said...

Emma NEVER touched a Barbie before Leah started getting into them. Now she will play along--they seem to have fun together. But I would never get Emma Barbie stuff. ;)

Bad Mommy said...

I thought about the camper but last year we bought the cruise ship and it was a bust. Mostly because I refused to let them put water in the pool or float the damn ship in the tub. ;)