Sunday, January 24, 2010

Ideas, ideas

I always seem to have ideas, sometimes it is the follow-through that lacks. ;) I recently checked out the book Hello, Cupcake again from the library because I wanted the "doctored up" cupcake recipe they use. I need to just buy my own copy of the book. Anyway, when the girls got an invitation to a movie night at a friend's house, I offered to make these:

They are just mini cupcakes with marshmallows on top that look like popcorn pieces. I can even make them so Leah can have them (she can't have milk/eggs)--we are all excited for the party next weekend.

This is another project I would love to do sometime, as seen on Bakerella's site. The candy box is actually a red velvet heart-shaped cake covered in red fondant, then the chocolate candies are red velvet cakeballs all decorated. Doesn't it look amazing? Although here in my house we would rather have the chocolates themselves than cake posing as chocolate. ;)

I have also been asked to donate a cake to as part of a birthday party package that will be auctioned off at our local education foundation's annual fundraiser. The package includes a "cheer" themed birthday party you can buy that will be held in the elementary school gym with a few of our high school cheerleaders. Our school colors are red and black, so I'm thinking of doing a 2-layer round cake covered in white fondant with red/white polka dots or paw prints since the mascot is a tiger. I have to make a cake in a few weeks to take a picture so people will know what they are bidding on.

I'm sure most of you have heard of the book and movie called "Julie and Julia". The basic premise is this gal, Julie, set a goal to make every item in Julia Child's cookbook "The Art of French Cooking" (or something like that, it has been awhile since I read the book). Well after receiving Martha Stewart's "Cookies" cookbook and making a couple recipes, maybe I should do the same thing--like "Kristyn and Cookies and Cupcakes, ala Martha" and blog about it. My sister even offered to help. Good thing her name starts with a K, too--it would flow with the title. ;) Just another one of those ideas that will probably never happen . . . .

2 comments:

Cristin said...

I would never even consider attempting to make those! I know you can pull it off though.

I have those popcorn containers... we use them all the time.

Unknown said...

Hey, that was my idea! :p I'm still up for it, though! Too bad we don't live in the same city.