Monday, July 28, 2008

Case of the Mondays



Even though I'm not in the working world, I can still get a "case of the Mondays". Sure, it doesn't include an annyoing boss like his, but my bosses are even worse.

Monday morning started at 2:45 am with Leah waking up crying. She wasn't settling down like she usually does in this state, so I asked her if her tummy hurt. "No". Does anything else hurt? "My oobies" (remember what those are?) Anyway, she wanted to go sleep downstairs, although I'm not sure she got any sleep. I took her upstairs around 6am to let Daddy know she didn't feel like herself and she puked. And of course me being the over-analyzing mom that I am think it looks like dried blood puke. In goes the call to the peditrician who has never seen her before (she has just a small medical file, you know) and we get an appointment for 9:30am.

That gives me about 10-15 mintues to shower and get her dressed before we have to go. Into the shower . . . and the electricity goes off. Lovely. Call dh to see how the heck I can get out of the garage. I look smashing without blow drying my hair (not). Running late to the Dr. only to find out he has been called to the ER since he is the on-call Dr. Wait in the waiting room, have Leah puke one more time on me for good measure, and have everything check out just fine. "Treat her like a puker" the Dr. says. Unless she starts puking up bile or maybe a vital organ or two, they aren't concerned. Hope they know what they are talking about.

Because of the way my day was going I treated myself to 3 new shirts from Target and a venti iced mocha (skim milk, light ice, no whip). Happy Monday to me.

*********
So last night I'm just about to get ready to grill outside and dh tells me there was a murder at a local gas station and the murderer is on the run in town. Hmm, makes me think twice about having the garage wide open--that seems like it would be a great place for a murderer to hide. Dh tells me they think the killer went south and we live way north, so I rationalize that he would really have to be booking it to make it this far that fast. I took my chances and grilled outside anyway. I told dh to make sure he checked his backseat before he left for work this morning. Find out on the news that the murderer is most likely the gas station clerk's boyfriend (sounds like a great guy). Her friends said he had told her "If you go to work tonight, I'm going to kill you". He was true to his word. He was found about 10 miles east of here on a bike. When a police officer spotted him and tried to take him in, there was a fire-fight and the guy ends up stealing the police car (he's got balls). They finally stop him about 1/2 hr away where he ends up taking his own life. Nice news story, huh?

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I heard that story on the radio this morning. Freaky!!

Minyo said...

Scary and sad story! I worked at that place when I was in college (well it was the old store that was torn down so this one could be built). That makes 2 murders in your town in the past few months. That's rare. I think it's still a safe place to live though.

Cristin said...

I would so want to smack a doctor if they told me to treat my child 'like a puker'...
I think I'd have to treat the doctor like an A** H%$#!

So so sick/sad/scary about the murder.....

Lori said...

Hi! Found you through SITS. I LOVE the look of your blog.

Hope your week is going better!