Friday, March 6, 2009

34 blessings

Tuesday just happened to be my birthday and I was going to do a cheesy post about 34 blessing--one for each year I am old. But then Qwest decided to have a service outage and my DSL settings got changed and I was without internet for over 24 hours and I lost my train of thought.

Anyway, I do have 34 and more blessings in my life. One of them would be my loving hubby who despite having a horrible, knock-you-down, want-to-die type of migraine last night still took over parenting duties so I could go out for my girl's night out last night. And also installed blinds while being blinded by pain. Love ya!! Mmmmmwah!

Of course I have two little blessings who I helped create. They are who I celebrated my actual birthday with by going to Borders, hanging out and reading books, then going to get ice cream at Coldstone Creamery. They are the ones who greeted me with "Happy Birthday, Mom!" first thing in the morning and they are the ones who anticipated opening my gifts just a little more than I did. Thanks, lovely ladies! You help make me feel special.

And then there are the parents. We are so blessed to have parents who are around and support us and would do anything for us. Couldn't do it without you!

I could go on and on. We are blessed. We have a beautiful home (with three more window blinds than we had at my last birthday and three more on the way), a great neighborhood and school, vehicles that run and are reliable, food in the pantry/fridge/freezer, clothes, a job, people who love us, and we have each other. I would say I am blessed to have 24/7 internet access but that didn't seem to be the case this week.

Here's to another year of blessings!

4 comments:

Mags said...

Happy Birthday!

Cristin said...

Happy Birthday!!

Darcy said...

Happy Birthday! I love this idea and think I am going to steal it for my birthday that is coming up on the 24th:)
darcy
http://ittybittyblog.wordpress.com

Kim said...

Hope it was a happy day!

Did you see the Cyclones and Huskers are Co Big 12 champs?