Sunday, March 22, 2009

Getting back on track

Spring break really threw us all for a loop. We had fun doing our visiting and our shopping and our going out to eat, but our schedule was thrown all out of whack. Poor Leah hadn't had a nap all week and on Friday she slept for 4 hrs in the afternoon. Emma hasn't been up before 8am and I'm afraid 6:40am is going to come mighty early tomorrow. I haven't gotten in my exercise like I usually do. Yes--surprise, surprise, I actually like to exercise now. I haven't done anything to expend calories since Wednesday and I'm feeling a little squishy right now. It doesn't help that I ate my daily amount of calories in Oreos alone yesterday.

So tomorrow it is back to the routine. It is supposed to be rainy, rainy, rainy, so I will have plenty of time inside to get back on the treadmill and have Jillian kick my butt again with her workouts. Emma can go to school and Leah can work on her potty training which at this point involves her saying "no, not yet" everytime I ask if she needs to go potty. Welcome back to reality!

4 comments:

Darcy said...

Just curious what exercising you have found that you like...I just tried to do sit-ups (well, A sit-up) and found that, well, I can't, I can roll back over to my side and then get up but sit-ups aren't possible yet...
darcy
http://ittybittyblog.wordpress.com

kmm0305 said...

Darcy--I have a treadmill at home that I've put a lot of miles on this year. I try to run 2-3 miles 3x a week (I worked up to that following the Couch potato to 5K training program), then do one of the programs on the treadmill another 3x a week. They are 30 min and vary in speed and incline. I also do some strength training--nothing fancy, just simple moves with 5lb weights. I've recently added in the "30 Day Shred" DVD workout which is 20 min long and has strength, cardio and abs. I haven't always been like this, trust me! :)

Cristin said...

I'm jealous that you're actually liking exercise... I like walking with Dottie, or rollerblading, but not much else... and we have a pretty decent gym setup in the basement...

Dottie is very interested in the potty lately.. I must say it gets annoying putting her on the thing ten times a day to not have her do anything... Graham on the other hand... not interested at all... peed his pullup and pooped his pants today... I hoping Dottie will get the hang of it soon and teach Graham...

Bad Mommy said...

Good lord, I thought maybe you really HAD gone to Mexico. ;)