Friday, March 27, 2009

Friday Random

It's about time for one of these, right?
  • Hubby, you have sick days for a reason--take one once in awhile. Your office mates probably don't appreciate you hacking all over the place. Yes, I realize that is how you got sick in the first place but let's not perpetuate the cycle. And taking children's cough medicine isn't going to kill you. It's the same stuff as adult cough medicine, I promise.
  • Remember how much I love pj's for the girls? I've actually refrained myself from buying any of the cute spring Carter's pj's because 1. I haven't found them at my favorite price (50% off plus additional 20% off) and 2. Neither girl really needs pj's at the moment. Leah has a drawer overflowing with pj's and what has she done? Worn the same pair every night since last Tuesday. I do get them off her long enough to wash them, but as long as she is happy wearing her "kitty buttons" every night it isn't a battle worth fighting.
  • Speaking of Leah, we've had some small progress in the pt'ing area. She stayed dry one entire day this week. Woo hoo! And she is actually (sometimes) saying she has to go potty. Of course on those instances, I have to bring the potty chair to her--I guess walking down the hall to the bathroom would add too much to the task.
  • I need to clean today. The fun stuff like mopping the floor, cleaning up the cat puke from two days ago in the guest room, and removing the disgusting unknown substance from the guest bathroom floor. I won't even think about what it may be.
  • Emma is signed up to play soccer and softball this spring. The seasons overlap by a month, so things could get interesting--I only have the soccer schedule at this time. Every other mother who has signed their dear little child up for soccer for the first time is like me--trying to find all the gear necessary to play. Obviously they got there before me, since the shelves were bare yesterday when I went shopping.
  • Remember my New Year's resolutions? I've kind of gotten behind in the whole "take more pictures/videos" part, but for the losing weight part as of this morning I am down 12.2 lbs. It has been slow going these past two months, but I'm trying to keep at it. I finally (after a year) finished the Couch to 5K training and have run/jogged 3.1 miles multiple times this past month.
  • There is snow in the forecast for this weekend. Yee haw. Welcome to late March in Iowa.

4 comments:

Bad Mommy said...

Yeah for weight loss! Isn't 12 lbs the equivalent of like, a forearm? Whoo hoo!

Carter's... sigh....

I heard they just opened up a new store at Village Pointe in Omaha. :(

kmm0305 said...

Where is Village Pointe--is that the new one in Papillion? We'll be there in July, hubby's aunt/uncle live just around the corner from the new mall over there.

The Rupe Family said...

Congrats on your weight loss! That is just awesome, you should really be proud! I wish I could say the same, but I think I have put on 12 lbs! Ack!

I think God gave me two little boys because he knew I would have a pj problem, too, if I had little girls! I love pj's and they just are not that much fun to buy for boys. Incredible Hulk? Spiderman? Nascar? Nope, no fun at all!!!!

Kim said...

Wow, I wish I'd made some weight loss progress. I just keep messing with the same three pounds. But I will tell you that it gets a lot harder when you get older--when J4 was a baby and I was only 32, I dropped 44 lbs. in about 5 months with about the same amount of effort I've put into messing with these same three pounds.

I always loved jammies--both the girls and boys had tons. We're going to Omaha in June for the CWS so J3 can play in a tournament. All our Georgia friends see Nebraska for the first time will be a hoot, I think. Where shall we gorge ourselves on yabba dabba do steaks?!