Monday, May 11, 2009

Happy Mother's Day

Last year hubby and I each spent Mother's Day with our own mother's in separate states. I got breakfast in bed, a yummy brunch, and my curling iron broke.

This year I got

and
Both have already been used by the entire family. Isn't that so nice of me to share?
I love the ipod. We haven't downloaded any music since Napster was free, so it has been a long time. In anticipation of getting the shuffle, I started a list of music to download--most of it is upbeat Top 40's type of music. I wanted some music to get my booty up and moving while I'm running jogging. We got some songs on and Emma went off to school singing, "Apple bottom jeans, boots with the fur . . . . she gave that big booty a slap"
Mario Kart also rocks. I'm sure its a little different playing it on a handheld rather than on the Wii with the wheel controler, but it is still fun. Let's just say I rock the 50cc circuit. I'm telling you, my hand-eye coordination may improve yet. I had such a late start in life to this whole gaming thing. Like a 33 year late start.
I love being a mom. ;)

6 comments:

Unknown said...

So you like the shuffle? I like being able to have playlists, but as long as you like it.

The new Kelly Clarkson songs have good beats to run to, if you haven't downloaded those already. I can bring some music this weekend if you want. LMK.

kmm0305 said...

I would be nice to group some music together, but for what I wanted it works fine. It also works to drown out Jillian as I'm doing the 30 day shred. ;) Can you share music? Bring whatever you have that is good.

Unknown said...

We store all our music on our external hard drive, so I can just pull what I want onto a CD or flash drive so you can load it on to your computer. It's easy. Welcome to the 21st century! :p

Cristin said...

Happy Mother's day! Enjoy the iPod.. I love mine!

kmm0305 said...

Hey, I'm new to all this "apple" "i-tunes" "ipod" whole thing. ;)

Bad Mommy said...

Awesome gifts. I'm still (impatiently) waiting for my own DS.... :)