Tuesday, May 12, 2009

My Betty mojo is MIA

Emma's birthday is in 4 days and I have no idea what I'm making for her cake. I know I posted those cakepops awhile back, but I'm not feeling them. I've searched online for Webkinz themed cakes and haven't found any I'd care to make. She'd be happy with anything that is chocolate cake with frosting, that was her request. I need inspiration and I need it fast.

Maybe it's because I'm on a dessert overload. Last weekend I made a peanut butter brownie pizza and a white chocolate raspberry cheesecake for guests we had over. It was my first attempt at a real, baked cheesecake in a springform pan and let me say the results were oh-so-good. I've had at least three pieces of the cheesecake, it is creamy sweet goodness on an oreo crust. Yum. And for the brownie pizza, chocolate and peanut butter are always a good combination. Emma saw me chopping up the mini peanut butter cups to put on top and she said, "I just can't look away--it looks so good!"

Since she was in love with that treat, I am making that to take to kindergarten on Friday. And I'm making soccer ball sugar cookies on a stick to take to her soccer game on Saturday. But I still need something to serve at two birthday parties. So that will be one brownie pizza, a cake or cupcake, cookies, and another dessert in three days. After that I'm swearing off sweets for a month or a week or a few days.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

She requested chocolate cake? She is definitely not your daughter! :p