Tuesday, May 26, 2009

The final countdown

Eight days of school
Eight softball games (three of them this week alone)
Seven days until hubby leaves for a golf trip
One soccer practice
One final soccer game
One kindergarten program

May has just flown by. Part of it is that we have had something going on every single weekend, and with the exception of the very first weekend we have had guests of one sort or another every weekend. Usually school would be done this week, but because of snow days this winter Emma has school until June 4th. Yeah, the kids thought it was so much fun to have a week off in December because of the cold temps and bad weather, but they're not laughing now.

Soccer is winding down and we are in the midst of softball. Emma loved doing soccer--we were with a great team and an awesome coach. Sign-ups for fall soccer started last week, so I'm sure we'll sign up again. Emma also does great at softball. When they bat they get 5 pitches from the machine, then if they don't hit any of those they get to hit off the tee. Emma usually gets a decent hit by the second pitch. Most of the girls on team do very well.

There had been talks of a men-only family golf trip for many years now and the timing finally worked this year for hubby and his brothers and dad to meet up in Nevada to do a week-long trip of golfing and Vegas. I know they are all very excited and I can't wait to hear about the smack talk and excuses that go on during the week. I just have to figure out how to get hubby to the airport at an ungodly hour and have someone here to get Emma on the bus. Darn snow days.

Summer will be busy as well. I volunteered to be in charge of crafts at our vacation bible school which is in three weeks. I have not much of a clue of what I am doing! :P I need to get my act together and get some things ordered. We also have our annual trip to Omaha for the 4th of July, the 150th celebration of the Franklin County Fair, swimming lessons, summer reading program and whatever else comes up.

How come this morning I was already getting excited about buying school supplies for next year?! Sick, I tell you!

4 comments:

Kim said...

We're going to Omaha in June during the CWS. Judson's team is playing in a tournament and part of the deal is tickets to the CWS. GT is hosting a regional, so I hope they make it to Omaha.

Sounds like you have a crazy summer ahead. My deepest sympathies for VBS....I'm pretty sure I turned cartwheels down the street when my kids were too big to go to VBS and I didn't have to volunteer anymore. Now I just send them and make them be "youth helpers"!

kmm0305 said...

We made the mistake one year of going to the zoo while CWS was going on--yikes! That same trip the entire rainforest jungle was closed for a private party/meeting. Not our best trip to the zoo. We will be at Rosenblatt on the 3rd for the Royals game and fireworks.

As long as I don't get roped into director of VBS, I'm okay. Once you get into that position, it is hard to get out. ;)

call me Laura said...

I love the The Crafty Crow http://belladia.typepad.com/crafty_crow/ it is my go to site for childrens crafts. You can search by age/ability!

Cristin said...

Graham has almost another month of school, then a 6 week summer program! Yay me!!!