Sunday, October 4, 2009

iPod Profiling

On Thursday I was driving during one of the local morning radio shows and heard them do their "ipod profiling". Basically you send in your personal information (name, occupation, age, hobbies) and the titles of 5 songs off your ipod. Then the morning personalities will guess your information (they don't get to see that part) based on the songs you provided. The morning I heard it they guessed the person was a female, around 29, single, a teacher, and her hobbies were Ferrell's/kickboxing. It turns out she was female, 26, engaged, a school counselor and went to Ferrell's (local exercise place). Huh? They got all that from 5 songs? I was pretty impressed.

I was trying to think about what 5 songs I would pick to really throw them off. What songs would say female, 30's, married, and stays and home and reads facebook/bakes cakes? What songs would totally throw them off? And what songs are on your ipod?

Song titles to follow . . .

Okay, so here are my five. My ipod is mainly for exercise and entertainment on long car rides, so most songs are up beat and Top 40 songs.

1. London Bridge--Fergie
2. Smooth Criminal--Alien Ant Farm
3. Wanted--Jessie James
4. Silent House--Dixie Chicks
5. 7 Things--Miley Cyrus

I also have quite a bit of Britney, Pink, Kelly Clarkson, Katy Perry, Lady Gaga, Black Eyed Peas, and Gwen Stefani.

I should also send in some for hubby. We share the ipod so he has picked some songs to download as well. Do these shout male, 36, chemical engineer or what. ;) Probably not.

1. Unwritten--Natasha Bedingfield
2. Bring Me to Life--Evanescense
3. Paradise City--Guns-N-Roses
4. Viva La Vida--Coldplay
5. 7 Things--Miley Cyrus

3 comments:

Cristin said...

The only time I use my iPod is for the kids... the only songs I download are for them... so I guess that would make me an easy study eh?

Unknown said...

Let's see, you could do the Boots with the Fur song, maybe some Dixie Chicks, do you have any Johnny Cash? Nadas? Dave Matthews? That would be a good mix.

My Five would be:
Everlong - Foo Fighters
Melody - Kate Earl
Your Love - The Outfield
Sometime Around Midnight - The Airborne Toxic Event
White Liar - Miranda Lambert

Do you think they'd be able to figure me out?

And where are YOUR songs?

Kim said...

I.am.so.old.

I have never heard of any of those songs. The only thing I have on my ipod is The Messiah (the complete Messiah) from when we did it for choir last spring and a bunch of classical stuff because that's what I like to listen to on airplanes. I need to get the rest of our cd's on there. Someday.

So, if you looked at my list, you'd think I was a 76 year old piano teacher.