Monday, April 27, 2009

Party Planning Mode

Emma's birthday is in about 3 weeks and I'm gearing up to party planning mode. This weekend she informed me that she wants a Webkinz birthday party, so we'll go with that. It is so different than the Littlest Pet Shop party she had last year--ha! I think I will get smart this year and only invite 3 or 4 girls. Last year the 5 year olds were a little out of control, so smaller is better, right?

The biggest thing will be the cake. I've found a few pictures online and I'm hoping I can re-create them. You know, because I'm that good.

Before she ever decided she wanted a Webkinz party, I saw these new Webkinz items and thought she would love the Chihuahua one:

I saw them in our Hallmark store about a week ago, but they didn't have the Chihuahua. When I went in last week, they were totally gone and weren't getting anymore in until summer. Of course, I wanted one even more then. I searched online (all out of stock, going for twice the price on e-bay) and even put a call out on facebook. No dice. These are like the second coming of Cabbage Patch dolls or something. Okay, not quite, but they are hard to find. I called my super-secret source this morning and they have them, so Leah and I are headed out to go shopping. And I can use my alumni discount and get them an additional 15% off.
So for the next few weeks I will have Webkinz on the brain. At least she didn't pick a Bratz birthday party theme. ;)

4 comments:

TJ said...

I didn't know those were so hard to find. They had them in a local store a couple of weeks ago.

Looking forward to cake photos.....

kmm0305 said...

All I can say is the University Bookstore rocks when it comes to Webkinz. You can usually find the animal you want, I get my alumni discount, and they always have things on sale. I bought Emma a bunch of Webkinz clothes, all $3 a piece plus another 50 cents off. If you buy the Pet of the Month, you get to pick one free (out of a select few, but hey--it's free) so you can walk out with 2 Webkinz for $13.

Unknown said...

So do I need to start looking up Webkinz stuff online so I can make invitations or are you just buying some this year? ;)

Cristin said...

I love it! Getting your secret squirrel on to snag some Webkinz!!
Can't wait to see the cake... I know it will be awesome...
Bratz are evil.