Monday, April 6, 2009

Remind me again

Remind me again why we live here? Because I'm not feeling the 6" of snow that came yesterday and the accompanying windchills in the 20's today. Have you seen the calendar? It's April. It's even officially spring now. The girls have closets full of capri pants and short-sleeved shirts and dresses with leggings. What are we wearing now? Fleece, and lots of it.

I know this isn't anything too far from the norm. Last year on this weekend it snowed as well. We thought it was a fluke. Ha. Last year at Easter Emma was doing an egg hunt with Grandpa M where you had to dig the eggs out of the snow.

We chose to live here. We could've flown the coop and been in sunny Colorado right now. Where they also had a blizzard last week. We just can't win.

To add insult to injury, Emma is sick. Playing soccer in the cold with a sore throat may not have been the best idea and she's been laid up with a fever ever since. Maybe by June we'll all be healthy and the sun will be out. Once can only hope.

5 comments:

TJ said...

It is cold here today, too. I loved San Antonio. I can handle the heat better than the cold.

Hope Emma is feeling better!

Kim said...

My deepest sympathies. This is why DOTR and I always say that Nebraska is a great place to be from.

Jenn M said...

I saw pictures of IA on the news and giggled as I thought of you. I heard Al Roker say he promises winter will by gone by the 4th of July!!!

Bad Mommy said...

Did you hear that Nebraska is the happiest place on Earth? It must be true, CNN said so. :P It sure as hell ain't this place.

It was 70 and sunny here. :D

call me Laura said...

Nice to see you in the Visions Mag. Looked great!