Thursday, April 16, 2009

Sick

One or the other child has been sick for almost two weeks now, and I'm so ready for it to be over. I can deal with sick kids, but I'm nearing the end of this round. I haven't been to the grocery store in forever and we're on the last of the milk this morning. The house is a pit and I feel like it is just crawling with germy germs. We are supposed to have company tomorrow--while Leah is still contagious. This morning she is crying in pain non-stop because her eyes hurt. Her eyes? What the hell am I supposed to do about that?! She just screamed even louder when I put some saline eye wash in them. Ugh. I need a bottle of wine, a maid, and a live-in nurse. Mom, when are you coming? ;)

6 comments:

Cristin said...

We've been some sort of sick here for weeks...now I think it's allergies...so the boogies keep on coming.... I'm tired of it too... wine helps..

TJ said...

You do better than I would. We just can't seem to "roll with punches" when we are sick. :(

TJGD

Unknown said...

Open the windows today while it's nice and air out the house. And Clorox wipe down everything. I'm surprised G hasn't gotten it yet, he was playing with everything in L's room on Sat.

Bad Mommy said...

OMG, I'm so sorry. :(

I can't find your email... can you email me if you want the LE code?

Kim said...

Where's he going? Is he leaving coaching? I hadn't heard anything about it today. I'll have to get up to speed.

Kim said...

I did read that, and although the reason given makes sense (big recruiting base in Penn, NY, etc.) on the surface....there's no shortage of good wrestlers in the midwest who should want to go to ISU. J1's roommate got into PSU's law school and the consensus was that there "ain't no way to get there from here", so it's not like he's going to be in any more of a bustling metropolis than he is right now.

I agree, there has to be something going on in the athletic dept. DOTR went to HS with the AD at NU who fired Solich and hired Callahan and then got axed himself...he went to NU, was hailed as the returning son, then proceeded to forget everything he knew about the "culture" at Nebraska and had a toxic work environment going at the athletic dept. But I guess nobody really knew it until after he was gone.....so hopefully they will get it figured out so it doesn't keep on happening. ISU should be the destination job for wrestling, not a stepping stone.

Did I tell you that our HS coach is retiring and his replacement wrestled at ISU in the 1990's--he went to our HS and wrestled for the current coach, came back home and has been an asst for a few years. No clue how he ended up with a scholarship to ISU from here....Georgia wrestlers barely make a blip on the national radar.