Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Jump on the bandwagon

I may not start trends, but I do follow them sometimes. Since I've been on sparkpeople for over a year now, I kept hearing about the "30 Day Shred". I've never really watched The Biggest Loser, so I had no idea who the heck Jillian Michaels was. But since so many people were talking about it, I figured it had to be good--right? ;)

I asked for the 30 day shred DVD for my b-day (I even told hubby where he could find it in Target) and did it once shortly after. Yes, the 20 minute workout kicked my ass. I couldn't finish it and skipped the cool down. BIG mistake--I couldn't walk for two day. My legs just weren't prepared for the multitude of squats Jillian put me through in less than 15 minutes. Anyway, I got over it and kept doing it, although not faithfully.

By following links on a friend's blog, I ended up here. This blogger is posting about doing the 30 day shred, so now I'm motivated to do it with them. They are doing 10 days of each level, taking a day off every week. I made it through 10 days of level one and one day of level two. Today I need to tackle level two again, and then for the next 8 days or so.

The 30 day shred workouts are perfect for me. She has them set up into 3 circuits of 3 minutes of strength training (broken down into two sets of 30 sec and 1 min), 2 minutes of cardio (30 sec each of 2 exercises repeated), and 1 minute of ab work. I can do anything for 30 seconds, even if you feel like you are going to die. I haven't seen big weight loss, but I have definitely toned up and hopefully lost a couple of inches.

C'mon everyone, you know you want to jump on the bandwagon, too! Target even has the DVD on sale this week! Happy Shredding!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Uh, I still have yet to start my C25K training for the year. Kind of hard when you 1) don't have a treadmill 2) have two kids and therefore no free time during the day and 3) issues with waking up early in the morning. I keep telling myself I'll start it next week (especially now that I downloaded the app) and somehow keep pushing it off!

The Rupe Family said...

I ordered it from Amazon for 8.99. Not sure how that compares to Target's sale price, but I was happy. Now I just need to commit to doing it once I get it!!!!

Darcy said...

Hey Kristyn,
I just ordered this last night on amazon! I am afraid to do it (I hate working out and I don't like pain:) but I have got to get rid of this baby belly that has been hanging on for two years now! I figure I can do it for the 20 minutes, it is the next day when the pain sets in that I am worried about motivation to continue...
darcy
http://ittybittyblog.wordpress.com

Rae Ann said...

I haven't ordered the 30 Day Shred, but I did order Tony Horton's 10-Minute work-outs. I'm planning on posting about it... Just as soon as I get it out of the box!

Bad Mommy said...

Are you going to jump on the no poo band wagon too? ;)