Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Imperfectly Beautiful

I'm always a day late and a dollar short, it seems. Yesterday a few of my fellow bloggers (a.k.a. Teri and Cristin) participated in Nester's photo extravaganza. The idea was to capture something in your life that is beautiful to you, but not necessarily perfect. We all know no one is perfect, no matter how much they claim to be a perfectionist. As much as I like things in their place, I am no where near perfect, either. And sometimes there is beauty in chaos.



Two pictures came to mind when I saw the title. The first is of some snap dragons I have growing at my house. I bought these from the neighbor girl as a fund raiser for the local school. When I got them, they were 6 tiny green plants and I planted them in a container and put them on the back patio. All my other flowers I planted have blossomed and proliferated, and I've only Miracle Grow'ed them once. These particular snap dragons have grown, and grown, and grown. They've only now just started to bloom. These things are ginormous (love that word)--I've never seen snap dragons get so big. They have withstood 50+ mile an hour winds on more than once occasion, sideways rain, and at least 10+" of precipitation.



Photobucket



One particular bloom has gone a little wonky. It makes a 90 degree turn out of the container, grows parallel to the ground, then makes a third 90 degree turn straight up. Imperfect, yet beautiful.



The second picture I love is one of LC. This is probably either right after her surgery or the day after surgery. She on the whole is imperfect (speaking in terms of how messed up her internal organs were), yet beautiful. Her scar is now faint, but I hope she wears it with pride.



Photobucket

6 comments:

Cristin said...

I love snapdragons.

I hope LC loves her scar...I love Graham's scars... they are little warriors our kiddos!!!

Cristin said...

Hey! Can I grab that picture that you fixed for me? I don't know if I can just grab it fro photobucket. I'd love to frame it for Tori and Sam's Mom...

kmm0305 said...

Cristin--try copy/save from photobucket, it should work. Otherwise e-mail me the full resolution and I do the same thing, that way the pic will print out better. kmm0305@hotmail.com

Anonymous said...

Very sweet.

Bad Mommy said...

Awwww, I love wonky flowers and little girls. Dr. R has some pretty fancy handiwork, eh?

Finding Normal said...

Aww, poor girl! My girl has a few scars of her own from surgeries.