Sunday, June 29, 2008

Mother/Daughter bonding at Wally World

EE and I ended up at a Super WalMart late yesterday afternoon to get our tire situation taken care of. Of course the wait was about an hour and a half, so we had plenty of time to waste walking around WM. Sounds like a super fun time, right?! ;)

Since this is Super WM they are equipped with a eye place, a hair place, a nail place, a photo place, and McD's. First EE and I went and tried on glasses at the eye place. Just getting her prepared for when her genetically defected eyes go bad on her. Mine happened around 6th grade and dh wasn't until high school, so maybe we have a few years. She liked the glasses that made her look like Harry Potter while I liked something a little trendier from the Hannah Montana line (for her anyway). I didn't find any I was super jazzed about for me.

Next we went through the clothes. They actually had some cute t-shirts in her size that looked like what you might buy at The Children's Place for a whopping $4. Every one I showed her and said, "Isn't this cute?" she said, "Nah, not really." Okay, no new shirts for you! Same with the shoes. "Mom, I don't need any shoes." What a blow! Is this really my child?! First she turns down clothes and then shoes? Hopefully its just a phase.

We continued to wander around WM aimlessly for another 45 min. I offered her a snack, so she wanted one of those $1 containers of Oreos. The first one I grabbed the container was all smashed, so I grabbed another one. Totally empty. Nice. How PWT can you get? Eat all of a $1 worth of Oreos while you are visiting SWM and leave the empty container. Do you feel better about yourself for saving that $1? EE got a nice lesson on how that is stealing. We eat many things while we are shopping, but we always pay for them.

After a good hour and a half of mother/daughter shopping time were finally able to go get our vehicle and get back home. Hopefully I didn't run into any screws on the way there.

Our Trip to SWM
One lemon: 62 cents
Grab-n-Go container of Oreos: $1
Honey Nut Cheerio Snack Mix: $1.89
Two new tires: $ 245
Bonding with my daughter: priceless

4 comments:

Bad Mommy said...

LOL. Um, what's up with the one lemon?

kmm0305 said...

I was making some fish for supper and wanted to squeeze some fresh lemon juice on top. :)

Cristin said...

I'm in awe that she lasted that long... Graham is good for maybe 20minutes and the whining starts turning quickly into crying...
He especially hates WM...I think because it's so big and he knows it's not gonna be quick..

Bad Mommy said...

Oooooh, I used to have lemon on salmon patties. Hmmmm, I might need to make those....