Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Lazy Days of Summer

We are being lazy this week. Breakfast after 9am, maybe dressed by 11am, and not much to do. After running around all over creation last week, we're all just ready to lay low. I feel like a boring mom, but that's what they're getting this week.



On Sunday the girls were both blowing bubbles and as soon as I realized how adorable they looked and ran inside to grab my camera, they decided they were done. These pictures were snapped with the bribe of a Starburst jelly bean if they would re-inact their previous fun. ;)



Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket



Do you see our poor lawn in the background? It looks horrible. Just a week or so ago, it was lush and green and neighbors commented on how nice it looked. Now that we haven't gotten any rain in two weeks, it is dying. The roots aren't deep enough to use any moisture deep in the ground--they sodded the yard in November of last year. Of course now I am complaining that there isn't enough rain when the rest of the state is probably hoping it doesn't rain for a good long time!


This poor girl has inherited my hair.

Photobucket

She will hate me for it later in life, just as I blame my mom for what I got (which she got from her mom). Its straggly, it won't grow, and isn't like many girls with "cute" hair at this age. Oh well, at least she herself is cute even if her hair isn't.

3 comments:

Bad Mommy said...

LC could be bald and still completely beautiful. She has the greatest grin! :)

Hey, for hotels around the bball field, I have NO idea. I don't think there are very many in that area but the Holiday Inn off of 72nd and I-80 is great AND it has CoCo Key water resort inside. You'd only be 15 minutes from the stadium and zoo and 15 minutes to Papillion.

We should still be in the country but probably not in town. :( We have to spend the 4th with Radio's family. Let me know what days though, you never know ;)

Jenn M said...

That girl is adorable, leave her hair alone! Audrey's is horrifying when it's not up, actually mats like a dogs in seconds. It's very nice.

Bubble pics are sweet and LOL at your bribing. My punk 7 year old recently totally outed my in front of people with, "if I give a good smile, can I have candy?"

Cristin said...

Her hair cracks me up... I'm hoping Dottie doesn't get mine... thin, fine, wispy...I've always hated it...

I never would have known that it was a reenactment of the original bubble blowing fun... cute pics either way...