Sunday, February 24, 2008

COLLEGE

We live in a college town. It happens to be the same college where dh and I went to school (we met there, that story is for another post--stay tuned!), where both of my sisters went, where one of dh's brothers went, a couple of my cousins, my parents . . . you get the idea. We are proud to be Iowa State Cyclone fans. Yes, the athletic teams may not always be that great, but we have pride anyway. I was raised an Iowa State fan. My family is a little fanatic. We have ISU personalized license plates on one of our vehicles. We used to have a room with ISU wallpaper--somehow I think the people who bought the house in Minnesota probably didn't keep it up (sniff, sniff). To list everything ISU related we have would take too long and be too boring for the majority of you who could really care less, but believe me--its a lot. Right now at 8am on Sunday morning 3 out of 4 people in the family are wearing a piece of clothing with Cy on it (and we are all in our pj's still).

Living in Ames we are able to get to a lot more athletic events then when we lived 1 or 3 hours away (duh). In three weeks we will have gone to one men's basketball game (dh went with my parents where we beat Nebraska--I'm looking at you, Teri), three women's basketball games, two gymnastics meets, and a wrestling meet. Did I mention we were big ISU fans?

My girls have also been raised as little Cyclone fans from the get-go. I have a picture from my first baby shower where my mom is giving us an ISU sleeper for that yet-to-be-born Cyclone fan. By age two both of my girls knew that Cy rules and Herky (the mascot of the Iowa Hawkeyes) is bad--this is accompanied by raspberries and two thumbs down.

We were so excited about moving to Ames that this was our Christmas card this year:

Photobucket

GO CYCLONES!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

That's the one thing I wish N and I had in common. I know our family will work on G, though. :D

And you know G and I are invading for VEISHEA, right?