Friday, February 29, 2008

Which came first . . .

We are having a chicken or the egg situation here. In trying to be proactive, I set up a meet and greet with a pediatrician here in town to introduce ourselves. This isn't something that you necessarily have to do, but given LC's complicated health history I would like at least one Dr. in the practice to know about her issues before something serious should arise (knock on wood that it won't, but look at me jinx oursleves). So I take the girls with me this afternoon as I meet a Dr. that has come recommended to us. While we are at the Dr's office I tell the girls not to touch anything, don't breathe in any germs, don't even think about getting sick. We Purelled the heck out of ourselves before we left and again once we got home.

EE woke up at 12:30 am puking. Lovely. I swear, everytime we step foot into a Dr. office she gets sick. She's supposed to be my healthy one, people! Bless her heart, she is very calm about it. Her first thoughts? "I guess I won't be going to preschool tomorrow." No sweetie, you won't. She hadn't even realized she left chunks all over her jammies, blanket, pillow, sheets, face and arm until she looked down before falling back to sleep.

So here I sit at the computer at 2 am. EE is sleeping downstairs on the couch after calling to me soon after she went back to bed. "Mom, come quick". I get into her room and she says, "I'm going to get sick again, you hold the garbage". I can barely make it to the bathroom when I need to hurl--here she's calling me, waiting for me to run upstairs, and gives directions before throwing up.

Stupid me for trying to be "smart" by going to the Dr. in the middle of a horrible flu outbreak and God knows what else. I don't feel so great myself (more the power of suggestion than anything) and hear LC stirring as well. The good news is we are set up with a Dr. if the girls need to go in.

Oh, how was the Dr. we met? He seems very nice. But he will never live up to our old Dr, we love that guy. He has hero status in our house. He also has 5 boys and is willing to do arranged marriages with either one or both of our girls. ;) Don't forget to look us up in about 12 years or so, Dr. E!

3 comments:

Jenn M said...

oh no, I hope it's not the great vomit virus of 08 that we had. Both E and AJ threw up 13 freakin' times. AJ was first and so we were sure she was obstructed again since it was all bilious but she finally stopped at 8 hours. Once E started though, I could tell it was the same bug. By the time J started my entire house was covered in sheets and towels. It was great fun but only lasted 48 hours. I'll be hoping yours is short.

I swear we get sick everytime we hit the Dr. too.

I'll be sending you anti puke thoughts and happy washing (I did 6 loads of puke wash--the bucket was ever elusive for the 2 younger ones!)

Bad Mommy said...

I hate puke, the girls become hysterical at the first sight of puke. Radio's no help at all, the man is a wussy.

EE sounds just darling and so well mannered :) Funny how those little ones with a rough start end up being the most resilient.

kmm0305 said...

Well so far the puking has stopped after a mere 8 hrs. EE is up and playing, acting pretty normal so I'm hoping we're over the worst. I went to put the sheets and stuff in the dryer and I guess partially digested food washes well--and stays in the washer. Gross.

LC hasn't thrown up in about a year--that was when we went through two weeks of it and were worried about obstruction/re-herniation/anything else that could be wrong. Just stopped giving her milk and all has been well since.

Now if I could get the damn cat to quit puking on my BRAND NEW carpet, we'd be good!