Monday, October 20, 2008

Bring the kleenex

I will be the first to admit that going through pregnancy twice has left me emotionally unstable. I cry at the drop of a hat now. Emotions run strong, and at times its embarrasing. I used to think my mom was crazy because she did this; now I know its part genetic/part hormonal. Sappy commercials? Tears. Good books? Tears. Fly-by at the football game by two low-flying jets? Choked up, tears in eyes. I'm not even really that patriotic. And believe me, when Oprah talks about "the ugly cry", that's me every. single. time. It ain't pretty.

I've already got my daily dose of tears in this morning, and its not even 8 am. If you have your keenex ready, go read Graham's birth story, written by his mom, Cristin. The story is so eeriely familiar to what we went through. Graham faced many more challenges than Leah ever did, but is now an adorable 5 year old who we must meet someday. Damn that Cristin for making me cry this morning. ;) And thanks for sharing your story, I know it was a hard thing to do.

3 comments:

Darcy said...

That's funny (the crying part) I am actually the opposite since having kids, especially Owen, I feel I am a bit "harder" and don't cry quite as easily. But I bet I will when I read Graham's story...
darcy

Anonymous said...

I went there this morning to read and I had to leave because I read for like 2 minutes and I was in tears and at work.

I plan on going back when I get home to finish the post with my box of kleenex.

You all amaze me. I'm so honored that you ladies are my friends.

Cristin said...

I'm right with you on the crying... happy cry, sad cry, ugly cry... all. the. time.

Thanks for the nice words...