Friday, October 17, 2008

I want candy!

So I'm all excited to go pick up my hold--I was even able to wait until Emma got home from school instead of going to the library first thing in the morning. We get to the library, I pay my fine (don't ask--expired hold on a DVD and a book was a few days late, they charge for EVERYTHING at that library. I'm now $1.50 poorer for trying to read free books and rent free DVD's). Go to pick up my hold . . . its the freakin' audio book. Grrr. I know when I placed the hold (for the second time) I made sure it was the book--didn't I? There was no way I would find time to listen to a book, so I checked it out and promptly returned it. Put myself back on the waiting list--#31.

I was just about ready to go buy the stupid thing when a friend came to the rescue. I had mentioned on my Facebook status about my failed hold when a friend said she had books 1 and 2 and I could borrow them. Woo hoo! I may see her this morning, so I can still get my vampires in before Halloween.

I did pick up a different book while at the library:
Photobucket
"In Candy and Me: A Love Story, Liftin chronicles her life through candy memories and milestones. As a high school student, Hilary used candy to get through track meets, bad hair days, after-school jobs, and her first not-so-great love. Her sweet tooth followed her to college, where she tried to suppress the crackle of Smarties wrappers in morning classes. Through life's highs and lows, her devotion has never crashed -- candy has been a constant companion and a refuge that sustained her."

Considering that yesterday I consumed no less than three Oreos for breakfast, two 100 Grand mini's for snack, and a Hershey's with Almonds for lunch, I though this book would be appropriate. I have a slight sweet tooth and like to hit the candy bowl pretty hard. Our house is never devoid of candy--I bet I could shock you with the contents of my cupboards (just a hint--we right now have three open bags of M&M's--one plain, one dark plain, and one peanut.) That's just the M&M's. We also have a and open bag of Halloween Kit Kats, a bag of dum dum suckers (potty training rewards), a bag of Jolly Rancher Halloween suckers, a bag of Starburst jelly beans, and an open bag of 100 Grand minis that are supposed to be for trick-or-treating (we have two other bags I bought that I've been able to keep away from. . . so far). There is also random candy bought on clearance after Easter, a bag of parade candy left over from April, and a bag of unopened cherry Hershey's kisses from Valentine's Day. I think I just recently threw out the remains of last Halloween's candy a month or so ago.

And I wonder why I can't lose any weight or why our dentist is building a huge new house after we've become patients.

3 comments:

Cristin said...

I have sweet tooth too...

Love the new look!!!

Bad Mommy said...

I'll get those cArter footies and 2 bucks out posthaste if you send me those cherry Hershey kisses.

I just read "The Lucky one". Another typical Nicholas Sparks book but I liked it well enough. :)

Bad Mommy said...

Gooooooo biiiiiiigggggg Reeeeedddd

GO BIG RED!

What time is the game on again?

;)