Friday, October 24, 2008

Friday Random

Since I know at least one of my 4 faithful followers is tired of my last post (considering she made half the costumes on there) I had better come up with something else. Not much is going on around the casa de double O, just trying to gear up for Halloween next week. Here is the other randomness going on:

  • Wednesday I waited 4 freaking hours for the appliance repair guy to show up. Yes, we live in a new house. Yes, my appliances are less than a year old. Yes, every appliance save one has issues. We are going on ice maker #3 for the $2K fridge, the door of the microwave works . . . for now, and I'm getting a replacement sensor for my oven. The temp runs low at temperatures under 400 degrees. Hey, at least I can try to blame the oven when my cookies don't turn out. And a plea to the dishwasher--you are the one appliance that hasn't quit yet. Please do not wait until after your warranty is over to start having issues. Thank you.
  • I'm changing my lifestyle once again. No, I'm not becoming a Democrat, although my daughter announced this morning that is how she would vote (she just likes the candidate's name). I have to say lifestyle change because it isn't a diet, right? We got a picture in the mail from the 15 year class reunion and it wasn't pretty. So I've got some new found motivation and its going well so far. And I also determined that I wasted $115 on my hair, it didn't look that great either.
  • We have a busy weekend ahead. My mom is coming down today and we have to cut out and make Emma's dalmatian costume. It will just be a pair of pants and a hooded sweatshirt with ears and a tail added. I'm all about re-using parts of costumes if at all possible. So after Halloween she will have a new pair of sleep pants and a sweatshirt she can wear to school.
  • Tonight my husband and I have a social event (gasp!). It is the alumni band party, so hopefully we will see some old friends. That is mostly why Grandma is here, to watch the kids. Saturday is ISU's Homecoming game. Our temperature hasn't topped 45 degrees all week, but supposedly tomorrow it will be sunny, dry, and 58 degrees. I don't believe it. The game is a night game, so I may only make it through halftime to watch hubby march and then I'll go back to my cozy warm house.
  • We also have a Halloween party on Sunday afternoon with the neighborhood "gang". Emma was invited to a bowling birthday party as well, but she chose to go to the Halloween party instead. Hubby may be bowing out, which is just fine--that boy hasn't been home before 7:30 pm all week and needs some down time.
  • I got Emma to wear a pair of jeans to school this week--a breakthrough! She did tell me that one particular pair was comfortable and she would wear them again. Good, because its the only pair she has. Now we're back to the underwear issue. I'm doing laundry as I type because the 4 pair of underwear that she likes are all dirty. The other dozen or so in her drawer are "too small". Even though they are all the same size and 1/2 of them came from the exact same package as her favorites.

Was that random enough for you? Have a good weekend, everyone (I could probably list you all by name).

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Are you going to relive the old days and consume some Hairy Buffalo?

Have fun tonight with the band nerds. :p

Cristin said...

I hope your dishwasher doesn't turn bad on you... have fun at the game, and on your date! I'm working all weekend...:(