Friday, October 10, 2008

Slacker

I've been a bit of a blog slacker this week. Not that there haven't been very exciting things going on---let's see, I could talk about pink pee or cat puke or baking cakes. Enticing, eh?

Pink pee--Emma had an accident at school this week and another one at home later that afternoon. When I went to help her clean up, I noticed her pee was pink. Not good. So that was a trip after 5:30 pm to the doctor, Target, and Panera. (Hey, you gotta eat when you've been out with the kids and don't get home until 7:45 pm). She is doing better now.

Cat puke--the cat decided he wasn't causing enough trouble, so he started puking all over the house. Lovely. That spurred a vet visit, which he was none too happy about. He showed his displeasure by putting a hole through one of my favorite shirts with his claws. "I'll show her!" he says. Of course the vet didn't have much useful information except feed him less and think about spending $170 to run a bunch of test to tell us nothing (most likely).

Baking cakes--the school carnival is tomorrow and the kindergarten parents are asked to bring a cake for the cake walk. Way to start them off in their first year of contributing--make them bring cake. Other grades get to bring 2 liters of pop. Easy peasy. You can buy a cake and even have it delivered to the school so all you have to do is make a phone call, but when you are the Queen of Cakes, you make one. My oven is pre-heating as I type.

I have a list of things to get done today. Better get crack-a-lackin'!

3 comments:

TJ said...

Yeah... I am one of the those buy a cake moms.

You do beautiful cakes, though. You should start a side business when LC is in school.

Kim said...

Your comment made me laugh because that's the first thing DOTR said when he walked in that house--it reminds me of the TKE house!

The Kappa house at Nebraska is painted brick. We only have a couple in the Georgian style, but we have quite a few that are Dutch Colonial (barn shaped)--Theta, AOPi, Alpha Phi, Kappa...and I've always liked that style for that reason, I think. But this house looks like the old Zeta house that the TKE's bought when DOTR was in college.

So....good karma from all directions. Hopefully!

Cristin said...

Oh no with the pink pee!! I hope she's doing better.

And the cat puke? Like I need another reason to hate cats...