Saturday, October 4, 2008

A trip down memory lane

Ah, high school--fifteen years ago (actually more like 16, since technically in the fall 15 years ago I was in college--but you get the picture). I went to half of the homecoming football game last night and found a few classmates there. I had actually dug up some old sweatshirts/windbreakers from high school and went "retro" to the game. Nothing says old like wearing a cheerleading coat with '93' on it! Kids were walking around with jackets proclaiming "Class of 2012". Yikes.

It was fun to see old classmates, we even went to the bar and had some beers (about one each, it was all us old fogies could handle). We brought up all of our classmates and played "where are they now?" Luckily the person who sent out e-mails/invites was there and gave us the updates she had heard. We talked about old boyfriends, rowdy parties, and even went back to reminiscing about grade school. We were a small class and pretty much all grew up together.

This morning a group of us met so the kids could play together. Before I left, I dug out a couple boxes of things my mom had saved and found some great pictures--mostly of prom/formal but also some from junior high. We had great laughs about the bad hair, the bad clothes, the bad eyebrows (we didn't learn until college about the benefits of waxing). At least we were all in the same boat together! And it was the early 90's after all--we all thought we were so cool. If I had the patience, I would scan some pictures so my internet friends could have a good laugh.

So tonight is the "big" event--social time/taco bar at the country club and DJ entertainment to follow. I can't wait. ;) All of us who were together this morning were saying, "Not to be all high school, but what are you wearing?" Some things never change.

3 comments:

Bad Mommy said...

Oooooo yay! Have fun!

Mandy said...

Oh how fun! Getting together with old friends always leads to great times!

Cristin said...

I haven't seen anyone from high school since I graduated in '91...

hope you had a good time!