Observations from the class reunion:
- I should've worked harder at losing weight. Almost everyone else was skinny. Damn.
- The DJ was too loud. That shows my age.
- The people with 4 kids helped average out the people with no kids.
- There two couples there that were HS sweethearts, still together. Another couple from our class got married somewhere between our 5 and 10 year reunions. There have also been the usual number of divorces/out-of-wedlock children/cougar dating.
- The husbands that got drug to the reunion were pretty good sports, especially mine. He even got a poker game going for a little while with the other deserted dh's.
- Some people were probably hurting the next morning--hubby said he saw quite a few liquor bottles being emptied at the bar.
- You may not want to show some spouses pictures of their hubbies kissing other girls in 8th grade, especially after spouses have had a few drinks.
- Its easier to talk to boys in your class when you are 15 years older and all have families of your own.
I got to see my BFF from HS and it was great. We talk every once in awhile, but if we do get together we can talk like no time has passed. We were supporting each other in our lack of weight loss/apparent weight gain from HS. Man, I saw some pictures from prom and stuff my junior year where I was a complete stick (and my BFF was always smaller than me!) Those were the days. We had to laugh that we both showed up in leopard print shoes--I guess we are still alike in some ways.
Everyone in our house is trying to recover from the lack of sleep over the weekend. The girls had a great time at Grandma & Grandpa's house, but they didn't get to bed too early. Six-thirty came too soon this morning. At least Leah slept in!