Friday, October 24, 2008

I need a picture

of my neighbor out in the 45 degree rain trying to mow his lawn. Now granted, it is getting a little long but it is the fall and our grass doesn't grow very fast anymore. And he probably wants to get it done because I know he's probably a little busy this weekend with it being ISU Homecoming and he being a football coach and all. You wouldn't catch me out there right now. It's been raining for the past three days straight, it has to be a muddy mess. And I'm pretty sure he's going to need a new mower after today, it doesn't sound good. Honestly, you can't even see his backyard except from maybe our house. The corn sure doesn't care what his lawn looks like. Maybe he is trying to meditate before the big game. I'm sure what he's doing is very conducive to thinking about how to win a game--once your fingers go numb and you can't feel your nose, you can concentrate better on new offensive plays. Maybe the head coach is out mowing his lawn as well.

On our street we have the "Desperate Housewives Lawnmowing Club". Most of the time you will catch us ladies out mowing the lawns because our husbands don't all work typical hours. I don't mind mowing, except when the temperature is below say 60 and its raining. Ours needs to be done, too, but I don't see that happening for awhile. Should I ask the neighbor to come on over when he's done?

2 comments:

Missy said...

I would have loved to see my neighbors mowing! You would think we live next to those folks in the Burbs. I have NEVER seen them. Not once, not NEVER!I guess everyone is some kind of weird though...right? Love your blog!

Cristin said...

I don't mind mowing either.. but now that it's getting chilly, I'm going to enforce the 'Outside chores are hubby's responsibility' rule...