Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Conversations

Yesterday when Leah and I were wasting time perusing the aisles of Target, she saw all the pretty nail polish colors. She wanted to buy some, but I told her we had a lot at home. So then she wanted to paint her nails. I gave her the stock answer, "Maybe later."

Before nap we had a conversation that went something like this:
Me: Leah, do you have to go potty?
Leah: No.
Me: Leah, do you have to go potty?
Leah: No.
Me: Leah, do you have to go potty? (She just loves it when I repeat myself like this--ha!)
Leah: (trying to change the subject) Can I paint my toes now?
Me: You can paint your toes if you go poop or pee on the potty.
Leah: I have to go potty!!

She ended up changing her mind and waiting until after nap to use the potty, but she has beautiful pink toe nails. And she things going once on the potty during the day constitutes potty training. Grrr.


Leah is very influenced by informercials--she is always telling me I "need" what she sees them advertising. At lunch she saw a baby on TV and told me, "Mom, you need one of those!" I asked if she meant a real one or a play one. "A real one!" Apparently she would help me feed it and build it a crib and help take care of it. Emma was not around for that conversation, but later in the afternoon she brought up the same subject. Her feeling is she doesn't want another sister or a brother. When I asked her why she said, "Because boys are too loud and another sister would just make me play princess even more."

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Oh that Emma! Did you tell her baby brothers don't make her play princess. They like to play trains and tractors and Let's See if We Can Destroy Everything Within A 20-foot Radius. They even like Spiderman. :p