Sunday, January 18, 2009

White

White is what I see everywhere looking outside. Remember this view from my patio door this summer?
Photobucket
This was the same view last weekend

We have gotten more snow and wind--now you can barely see the fence under all the snow.

Last Saturday when I opened the front door, this is what it looked like


After that we had blizzard conditions on Monday to blow the snow around and at least another additional 5-7" of snow and wind. They've had to come through the neighborhoods and clear out the snow from the corners of the intersections so you can see. They literally take dump trucks full of snow out of the neighborhood.

The sad thing is it has been way too cold for the kids to even go outside and enjoy it. We drove by the local sledding hill on Friday and it was empty; the temperature was about 7 degrees. (Okay, most kids were in school as well, so that probably had something to do with it). Maybe today or tomorrow it will be warm enough for the kiddos to actually go play. The drifts are large enough in our own yard for them to have lots of fun.

So what do you do when you are stuck inside for three straight days with two kids?

You build forts. First they had a snack and watched a movie while under the fort. Then it became a "Secret Fort" for members only.




This is what happens to Moms who try and breach security

They get the "stink eye" and a mean looking growl minus a few ferocious teeth.

The fort building actually occured on the day I paid them to help me clean. I had to take all the chairs out of the kitchen to sweep/mop anyway, so we just threw a few blankets over them. I got a clean kitchen floor, they got a cool hangout and everyone was happy. Until the next day when school was cancelled again.

4 comments:

Glenda said...

Uncle Kenny says..."Love the tent!!" Man, we used to make those all the time!

TJ said...

I love the signs! It always amazes me how they sound things out.

It was in the 50's here the last two days after a week in the teens. Wishing you warmer weather!

Red said...

LOL!! those signs are hilarious! We are also in fort making mode out here, thankfully (?) my little ones are still at the age they *want* me inside the fort.

Anonymous said...

Wow, I don't even know what 7 degrees feels like. :) Wishing you warmer weather too.