Thursday, January 8, 2009

Darn it

I had a post all typed out and then my browser opened another page over it, so it went "bye-bye". It wasn't anything too witty or earth shattering and I am too lazy to try and recreate the magic that it may have been.

I'm a bit housebound today because the Dish Network people are supposed to come and install a new receiver to go with our new TV. Anytime between noon and 5 pm. That means I have a 3 1/2 hr window of time to shower, run some errands, and be back to wait for the guy for 5 hours. I'm not sure its worth it.

I am excited with the change because that means we will now have Dish access, and more importantly DVR access in the toy/exercise room. That means I can record what I want and watch it while on the treadmill--yea! The TV in that room used to only have a VCR (nothing else) and I'd pretty much run through our entire VHS collection. Then I would bring the portable DVD player down and watch movies. Once again, I had gone through the majority of our small DVD collection already. The TV in that room went "ca-put" recenty. It was working on its last legs--I had bought it with my high school graduation money and probably spent $50 at Wal-Mart for it. It got me through 4 years of college. Then my little sister used it and somehow the power button was broken. Then my parents used it for awhile, and then we inherited it back. Once the remote died, that's all she wrote. Honestly, we're too cheap to go out and buy a new one. Right now we have a 13" stand-in that used to be our upstairs living room TV (we did a slight upgradge, now we have a 46" LCD). My parents have a bigger TV they won't use anymore so we'll probably take that off their hands.

Off to wait for the cable guy!

6 comments:

Kim said...

I waited all freaking day yesterday for the HVAC guy to come so he could, get this, write down our serial number so they can FINALLY order the blower for our furnace.

I am really, really sick of being cold. Thankfully, it's not that cold here. But cold enough to make me really cranky and not wanting to do much but sit in a chair wrapped in a blanket or in my bed watching tv.

Kim said...

Oh yeah, I forgot the best part--he never came.

I missed the boys' wrestling meet because I was still waiting at 5:30.

kmm0305 said...

That's what I'm afraid of, although not having DVR for my treadmill doesn't really compare to being cold. ;) Sorry you had to miss the wrestling meet--grrr!

Unknown said...

I have absolutely no idea how that power button broke. It must have been someone else at the Kappa house. ;)

Hand-me-downs from M&D are the best. We used their old living room TV (the one before the one before the one they have now) for 3-4 years before it died and we had to get the one we have now.

TJ said...

We were hoping to catch a good deal on a 46" over Christmas. We have a 12 year old 32". ;)

I couldn't live without a DVR. One of the best gadget ever.
TJ

kmm0305 said...

I've heard before Super Bowl weekend is the best time for TV's--have you got one yet? We got burned when we bought ours in May/June and by Christmas that year it was $1200 cheaper (don't ask how much it was to start!)