Monday, January 5, 2009

Gettin' back to normal

It's been too long since everyone has been in a regular routine. Emma hasn't been to school since December 18th (they had the 19th off due to bad weather) and now today on the first day back, there is a 2 hr late start. Hubby has been to work two days since the 18th as well. We enjoyed late mornings, days in our jammies, and just hanging out together. But enough is enough. Back to school, I say! Back to work! Back to doing whatever it is I do all day long when people are gone!

Of course one of my New Year's resolutions is the same as its been the past 2 (or more) years--get on track with eating and exercise, and hopefully as a result lose some weight. I started out pretty good last year, then got off track--stress does that to me. Now I'm back at it yet again--try number #4256. That is something to say about persistence, right? I think I need to work more on the follow-through and actually attaining my goal part. Wish me luck!

2 comments:

TJ said...

Good luck! :)

Unknown said...

You and me both, lady. Nate and I are doing Live Healthy Iowa again and I downloaded a neat application to my iPod so I can keep track of my calories and exercise on there. Although they are very comfy, I'm kind of tired of wearing elastic waist pants.

Howsabout we both do Couch to 5K and run the Moonlight Madness (or whatever it's called) race in Ames in July.