Saturday, January 3, 2009

I'm Alive

Just wanted to let you all know that yes, I am still alive . . . barely. I'm getting very tired of this "driving on ice" thing. The fam went to an ISU women's basketball game for a lovely Saturday afternoon outing and by the time the game ended, everything was coated in a nice layer of ice. No traction, no brakes, no fun. Thankfully hubby was driving, but even then we slid through a stop sign with cars coming at us from two ways and a concrete barrier on one side. Needless to say, I have a bit of a stress headache right now. It took us three runs up the driveway, but we finally made it in. Hubby was taking just a little too much delight in the fun he was having on the ice. Me, not so much. I did eventually thank him for getting us home safely.

We will have company tonight since my sister and nephew are in town and won't be going anywhere soon. She was playing in the alumni pep band at the women's basketball game and there is a men's game tonight that she is also playing for. We brought my nephew home with us so the kids have all played Webkinz and are watching a movie right now.

2 comments:

TJ said...

Glad too see you made it home! I don't care much for ice, either. Good thing we live in the ice-belt, eh?

TJ

Cristin said...

So scary! When I lived in Vermont I had studded tires for the winter... no matter how icy the roads were, those little metal spikes kept me glued to the road...