Wednesday, January 28, 2009

It's Coming!

Remember this post four months ago? We finally got our act together and ordered some new furniture and it will be delivered tomorrow. Yippee!!

Obviously even though I was calling out for opinions, I didn't listen to many of them. We ended up going with this table and chairs:
Photobucket

and the twin over full bunk bed:
Photobucket
Photobucket

The plan is to just put up one twin bed in Emma's room right now, the rest of the bed will go into storage (or somewhere, where ever we can find space to put it right now). Eventually the plan is to move our full mattress into Emma's room with the full bed frame, move the twin bed into Leah's room, move our queen to the guest room, and we get a new king bed. That will be a little while, so we'll start with what we got. They will only be used as bunk beds if we need to move the girls together in the same room for some reason, or they really want to share a room at some point.

Now we just need to order some blinds. Thankfully we only have three main windows to worry about first--I think we have those figured out, along with the windows in our master bathroom. Depending on how much money we have left for ordering those, I may be able to get a "fancy" window covering for the dining room--I had a couple options priced out at the local decorating store.

Anyone want to come decorate the rest of my house? It is quite a sad state of affairs--nothing on the walls, no accessories, nothing to make it a "home". I need help!!

6 comments:

Mags said...

How fun!!! I love when we get new furniture.

Jenn M said...

wow, super fun! I'd LOVE to help you decorate, fly me there and I'm all yours. Credentials? oh, totally don't have any and my house definately doesn't impress anyone but I'd do a great job, really!!! ;-)

kmm0305 said...

Jenn--too bad Texas doesn't play here until 2010, I can't wait that long. ;) Otherwise you could come for a weekend of football and decorating! :) Or you could come in the middle of winter, Iowa is lovely this time of year.

Bad Mommy said...

I wanna help!!!

If I remember correctly, I think I picked that table :P

So... how much snow DO you have now?

kmm0305 said...

Bad Mommy, why yes you did pick that table. ;) We didn't go with upholstered chairs which was what you recommended. :)

Hmmm, how much snow. I think we got close to 20 inches in January maybe? It has blown around a lot, but there are huge piles everywhere. I saw pictures on FB of a friend in Omaha and was like is THAT all the snow you have? I could see the grass on their sledding hill! :P

Bad Mommy said...

Eh, snow is snow. Do ye have a ragamuffin garland yet? ;) Those are killer.