Wednesday, April 9, 2008

I've got nothing

No humorous anecdotes, no witty observations, no profound pondering. Not much is going on around here, at least nothing blog-worthy. My life is boring right now, with a capital "B".

Let's take a quick inventory with what is up with everyone in our household:

Dh--job interview this afternoon that he just left for. I'm not sure how jazzed he is about it, hasn't really said much--but eh, its a job. I didn't particularly care for the posted starting salary if you ask me. :P He's still getting lots of action--job-wise that is, he'll tell you not so much in other arenas--but people can't figure out when he says he's looking in Iowa, that means he'd prefer the job to be in Iowa. Not Illinois, not Kentucky, and certainly not Alaska (although they've contacted him at least three times in the last half of a week).

Me--the usual. Feeding people, cleaning up after people, washing their clothing, feeding them again, buying food to feed them, and trying to entertain them as well.

EE--has the big kindergarten round-up tomorrow night where we go with her and she gets to meet the teachers and see the classrooms. She is excited, but isn't so sure she is ready to give up naps and playtime to go to kindergarten 5 days a week for 8 hrs a day. She is ready to turn 5 because apparently "being four is too hard". I told her being 5 ain't no picnic, either. ;) Her favorite past time is shedding clothing and donning a bathing suit instead. That has been this week's favorite thing to do.

LC--she gets to tag along with mom while EE is at preschool. So far this week we've been to the library twice, Target, the grocery store, and the mall. She loves to shop. I would too if I could sit in a cart and eat snacks and my mom buys me cool Ariel socks and puts Smarties in my pocket to try and keep me occupied. She's also been busy this week with her alternate personas: a princess, a mermaid, a kitty, a baby, and a mom. Today the kitty (pretend) had the hiccups (real) in the grocery store (real).

Exciting, eh? All the while its like 40 degrees out still (which would be 20 freaking degrees below normal) and we are going crazy waiting for it to warm up around here. See why Alaska isn't enticing at all? Florida, maybe. Texas, possibly. But I'll put up with it and will never complain, ever again, if we get to stay. ;)

2 comments:

Bad Mommy said...

Bear is off to kindy in the fall too. We're missing kindergarten roundup (again) in order to visit Daddy.

LC sounds like so much fun. Smarties are a great distracter, until they're gone.

Unknown said...

I think you should blog about growing up on a farm with your super cool younger sister. :p

I don't think G and I are going to make it over this weekend because the weather is supposed to be so crappy. I really don't feel like walking around in 40-degree, snowy/rainy weather. Sorry.