"Some nights when my husband and I go to bed, I roll over and 'play dead.' All I can think is 'I just can't handle it if one more person pokes me today'."
"Planning dinner usually throws me over the edge. One night I was stressing out and my four-year-old son looked up at me and said 'Just order a effing pizza!" (Insert appropriate swear word)
"I skip whole chunks of my younger daughter's bedtime stories. Poor thing really can't tell the difference." (Until they start to read, then they call you out like EE will)
"I tell my husband I am going potty but actually lock myself in the bathroom, sit on the edge of the tub, and read People" (For me I usually stay in long enough to finish a chapter or two of whatever book I'm reading)
"My husband thinks I'm sad when he goes on business trips, but secretly I'm happy that my 'third child' is out of the house."
So dh was browsing through the book and came across that last quote and asked if that was really true. Yup, for the most part. We'll see since he is gone for 5 days how long I last without him. Props to Jenn for doing the single mother thing for the past 6 weeks (she also tells some of her other dirty little secrets of motherhood). I will say that we have had plenty of family together time in the past two months, so I hope he has a good time on his trip. He is flying to Denver to have a 3-hr interview and then 3 days to play with his brother (and wife, although I'm sure G won't be out on the golf course with them). Free trip to Denver, who could pass that up?
And for those who are on the edge of their seats waiting for the correct trivia questions:
- 50 points was the highest point value for skee ball (we guessed 100, oops)
- Like Cristin said, Ohio was where "Family Ties" was. "The Waltons" took place in Virginia (NOT West Virginia like we said)
- The Blue Meanies were the villains in Yellow Submarine. A little before my time.
- If you visit Adventureland in Iowa, you may meet Bernie Bernard who is their dog mascot. Now I know.
- Jack Torrence was the psycho in "The Shining". Like I said, as soon as we turned in our answer sheet dh and I started talking about the movie and came up with it. Now just pretend you are a psychic boy and talk to your bending finger and say "Tommy's not here, Mrs. Torrence" (or something along those lines as well as "Redrum, redrum!")
Thanks for playing!