Thursday, August 28, 2008

Do you know what time it it?

It's college football time!! Tonight is the first home game for Iowa State and the girls and I are going (hubby is out of town with work). I still haven't figured out quite how we are getting to and from the game--those are minor details. We won't be able to stay for the whole game because kickoff is at 7:05 pm and Emma has school tomorrow. I know there will be a lot of tired kids at school on Friday considering the head coach, the athletic director, and many assistant coaches kids all go to her school. The neighbor boys (who have become slightly less annoying, amazingly enough) already told me at the bus stop this morning that they would be there for the whole game. It wouldn't be a big deal getting home late tonight except that we had a thunderstorm roll through last night and Emma was up for about 2 hrs in the middle of the night. We were both dragging this morning.

Anyway, Iowa State takes on South Dakota State University tonight. This is a little bit of a family rivalry on dh's side--his older brother and younger sister (and wife/husband) all went to SDSU while hubby and his younger brother (and their wives) went to ISU. Hopefully we'll come home with the bragging rights and show once and for all that a jackrabbit is a stupid mascot. ;) Sorry, G.

Here are few pictures from Emma's first ISU game back in 2004
Football stadium complete with marching band, fans, and players
Photobucket
Hanging out on the hill, looking cool
Photobucket
Tailgating after the game with her friend
Photobucket
Emma went to a few games that first year we moved back to Iowa. I think this was Homecoming that year, hanging out with Uncle Nick
Photobucket

Leah's first game was in 2006
They changed things up for their pregame routine this time--smoke came out of the helmet and everything
Photobucket
Tailgating before the game
Photobucket
Enjoying the game with Dad
Photobucket
Emma was there, too
Photobucket

We'll try to get to as many games as we can depending on the weather. The passes that the girls have only allow us sit on the hill, which hubby doesn't like (he claims you can't see the game--honey, with two young girls I'm not watching much of the game anyway). We don't have season tickets for the two of us to get in, so we mooch off my dad and whoever may have an extra ticket. A single ticket to sit on a piece of grass to watch ISU play Nebraska this year is $60. Not sure I'm willing to fork over that kind of cash unless I'm guaranteed a win. Let's hope we have quite a few of those this year!

GO CYCLONES!!!

10 comments:

Unknown said...

At least you get to *go* to games. I definitely won't make it to any this year. :( Nate will go to a few Hawkeye games, as usual.

GO CYCLONES!!

Anonymous said...

Go Cyclones!

I cannot wait for Saturday! The first game of the season for the Longhorns.

HOOK' EM HORNS!

TJ said...

GO ISU! I think Daren will watch the video feed.

Have fun!

Minyo said...

Go Clones!! Have fun at the game tonight!

I'm amazed by how brave the Cornhusker fans are getting here in Iowa. I've seen blatant displays of the big red N lately....on big rocks in front of houses, on women's purses. So, I hope we cream Nebraska this year...maybe they'll put all that nasty red stuff in the closet and bring out the Cardinal and Gold!

Bad Mommy said...

Dude, Bo is back. Eat our mud ;)

kmm0305 said...

They allowed Husker fans into Germany? Maybe we should send them all there and don't let them come back! Ha ha! ;)

Kim said...

Well since most of the Husker fans originally came from Germany, that may work (I'm from the NE part where all the boys resemble Boris Becker).

Boy, that wind can whip across the stadium in Ames. Brrrrr.

Been to Ames many times in my NU cheerleader days for wrestling (but I am old, so it was still the Big 8).

Have fun!

Cristin said...

I'm sorry, but I DREAD football season. I was just telling Hubby that it's a good thing I'll be working every Sunday and Monday so he won't have to listen to be whine about football..

That uncle Nick is a cutie!! oh and so are the kids...;)

Kim said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog. I think I wandered here via Bad Mommy via Hairgirl (who lives near me). I've lived in the south for over 20 years but I'm still a midwesterner at heart! My family all still lives there, sister in Omaha, brother in Lincoln and parents at the hometown (on the rez by Sioux City).

Loyally, MOTR

gojacks said...

Wish we could have been there for the game...oh wait. After looking at the score, never mind. It was pretty cold hearted to have Emma call us with a personal "nah nah"! We'll get you back, somehow.

Uncle K and Auntie G

GO JACKRABBITS!!!