Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Operation Skinny Bitch

It seems like I am always trying to lose weight--aren't we all? Before I got pregnant with Emma, I did the Weight Watchers points thing on my own. I borrowed the materials, got some inspiration (from where, I'm not sure--if that same inspiration could come back now, that would be great), and lost about 25 lbs. I started walking every day--in the middle of January and February in Minnesota. Walking turned into semi-jogging and by May I ran my first 5K. Granted I ran 15 minute miles, but I ran the entire thing. I was feeling good about myself and how I looked.

Then I got pregnant. That was ultimately the goal for weight loss--to be healthy to get pregnant. I gained the recommended amount of weight during pregnancy. Of course I got left with 10 extra pounds once Emma was about 1 year old. Add another kid, add another 10 extra pounds or so. I've mentioned before that I am slightly vertically challenged, so a few extra pounds isn't the most flattering thing on me.

I've started/stopped trying to lose weight more times than I can count. This January I signed up with sparkpeople.com (totally free) and it worked . . . somewhat. So far this year I've "started over" three times. I have lost some weight, but have no momentum. I was getting all psyched up to start again when I saw this post on Cristin's blog. Perfect. I could join OSB and find motivation and support. Then life happened. But I am still determined to use OSB and sparkpeople to get me motivated and on the losing end again. Wish me luck!

3 comments:

TJ said...

Good luck! I have weight issues too. I am hoping having a couple hours of "me" time will help. I actually went for a real walk yesterday - no kids, no stroller. It was awesome!

I am 6 foot and still chubby. I shudder to think what I would look like if I was shorter. ;)

Tara

Anonymous said...

So I joined OSB, Sparkpeople and WW. I lost like 10 pouds but that was months ago and somehow I've managed to put it back on. The good thing is I haven't gained any more weight but I cannot seem to shed what I have gained.

Anyway, I am going to be one of your biggest cheerleaders as I try to get back in shape too.

It's funny you posted this because I was going to update with my OSB info today and some pre Parker pictures.

Anyway, somehow my comments always end up longer than I want.

GOOD LUCK WITH THE WEIGHT LOSS!

Cristin said...

Good for you running a 5K... that would KILL me.

I'm doing OK so far... basically just trying not to eat crap.... once school starts I hope to get walking in every day.. thank goodness Dottie loves the stroller!