Wednesday, August 20, 2008

She's gone!!

Wanna know what today is? The first day of school!! Emma has been ready to go to kindergarten for about 2 years now, so she was super excited about today. We kept asking her if she was nervous, and she would just say, "No, I'm excited!" Let's hope that enthusiasm continues for the next 20 or so years.

As for me, I am doing the happy dance distraught with emotion. Isn't that how I am supposed to feel? I'm not one of those sentimental moms (no offense if you are); rather I'm so glad she'll be out of the house for a good 8 hrs a day. I've been home with her the past 5 years and at times our personalities are too close to get along. My hubby often says we purposely egg each other on with our behavior. So I think its time she has a little break from mom. Of course all month she has been saying she wants out of the house, "To be away from whiny kids and bossy moms." That makes two of us, sister!

Ready for school



Saying good-bye to Dad


The bus stop (this is just the kids on our street, our neighborhood has two buses and lots of stops)


I did drive to school to make sure she got there and got to her class okay. The teacher had invited parents to come for the opening story, so we made a point to be there.

In line with her class


Talking with the principal


Putting things into her locker


Listening to the story


I have been given instructions that I should be waiting for her at 3:30 pm when she gets off the bus with "a special treat". I'm not sure what that means to her, but I did promise her an ice cream treat yesterday.

Now its time to tackle my "To Do Once Emma Goes To Kindergarten" list. So far all I've got done is:
1. Visit Starbucks for a venti skinny white chocolate mocha w/no whip (hey, I was up at 6:15am and need some caffiene!)
2. Catch up on blogs, upload pictures, and post on my blog
Is that enough for today? I wouldn't want to get everything done at once.

Leah is going to have the hardest time adjusting. Emma has been there with her everyday for the past three years. As we're driving away from school she says, "I miss Emma." Just breaks your heart. :( One of other parents asked Leah what she was going to do today and her reply was, "Party!" So far she's been happy to watch Sesame Street and Caillou. And with our lack of progress in the potty training area, she may be at home with me the next three or four years.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

I was wondering how you did with the early morning today. I see Miss LC is still in her pajamas. :p

I hope EE has a good day. I'm sure you'll hear all about it this afternoon.

TJ said...

I think those weepy parents must be WOHMs. I wasn't too sad to have a little more peace at home.

Is Leah holding off a year of pre-school? Pearl did better than expected on Monday, but today she apparently had several "I want my mom" and "I want to go home" episodes. :(

Jenn M said...

WOWZA!!! How cute is she???

I bet you'll be a teensy sad when little miss goes, empty house and all; for now though, I totally get the happy dance! I'm counting the seconds until Monday AM when E leaves. I only wish I had a 8 hour program to send Jason to.

Her teacher could not look any sweeter; is she reading The Kissing Hand? I see the racoon puppet and have yet to meet a K teacher who doesn't read that book the first day.

Yay for EE, yay for mom, and I hope LC doesn't get too lonely!!

Cristin said...

She looks too darn grown up... I LOVE her outfit!!!

I can't wait for Graham to start school... two weeks and I'm a free woman.. well free to spend my days with Baby Dottie.. good enough!!

kmm0305 said...

TJ--right now Leah isn't going to start the school year unless when I talk to the director she'll let her in not PT'ed. :(

Jenn--Yes, we heard "The Kissing Hand" ;) The teacher has a great reputation and as you can see is totally the "teacher" type. She and Emma will get along great because the teacher has 3 dogs and miniature ponies. Emma loves dogs (or any animal) and is determined that some day she will have one. For now her Webkinz and Build-a-Bear dogs will have to do.

Cristin--I LOVE school! :) Those two weeks won't go fast enough.

Anonymous said...

She is so freaking cute! And I too love her outfit!