Thursday, August 14, 2008

There's No Place Like Home

We are back home again. What day is it? I couldn't really tell you. I stepped foot outside the hospital once since I got there Monday evening. For a full re-cap of what happened this week, check out Leah's site.

This was pretty much an unexpected birthday present. Kids with her birth defect often have many more complications that what we've had, which up to this point has pretty much been almost none (relatively). Re-herniation is also not all that uncommon; we just thought at three years we were out of the woods.

Of course things like this happen when you have wet clothes in the washing machine, a dishwasher full of dirty dishes, and haven't been to the grocery store in over a week. Luckily we have awesome parents who can come at a moment's notice and will do things for us without asking. I can't even tell you how awesome it was to come home to a clean, newly vacuumed house (I have a thing about newly vacuumed floors--love 'em). After a shower and clean clothes, I felt like a new woman.

Life still goes on. We missed the preschool parent meeting tonight, but Leah may not be going anyway. I think my good JC Penney's coupon expired before I got to use it (darn it!) Leah's family birthday party has been postponed indefinitely. Emma starts school on Wednesday. Poor child won't be going to her first day of kindergarten with a cool new backpack because I didn't get it ordered in time (in my defense, I was waiting for my $20 giftcard to come before I ordered it). That makes me feel like a bad mom.

I was also going to start my OSB hard core this week. Ha, ha the joke's on me. I'm a stress eater and having a child in the hospital is pretty much a eating free-for-all. I've had Mc Donalds, Dairy Queen, Quiznos, and Papa John's pizza. I've had pop tarts for breakfast twice (straight out of the packet). Snacks were chocolate and Mr. Dew. Good times, let me tell you!

Better go while Leah is still napping--once she wakes up, I'm not sure what to expect.

5 comments:

Cristin said...

I haven't checked out Leah's site but will in a minute... I'm pretty sure theses kids are full of surprises no matter what the age.. and not good surprises.

I'd be doing the exact same stress eating as you.. bring on the fat and sugar!!

Off to visit Miss Leah..

Hugs

Cristin

TJ said...

Glad to see you are home! We have been keeping Leah in our prayers. I am glad everything went well for her.

- Tara

Jenn M said...

So glad you're home! Have a fabulous weekend.

Amy AKA "Baba" said...

I just watched your new video...thanks for making me cry this Saturday afternoon.

They really have extra special spirits, don't they?

Glad she is doing well and back at home :).

Sydney said...

Hang in there! Thanks for stopping by my blog. I know exactly which Big 12 school you're talking about... that's where my little brother went (and promptly broke my heart!) to college. I'm glad you found goodreads. I absolutely love that site. If you dig around and find me on there, my name is Sydney! I hope you'll be back to visit again. I'm bookmarking your blog.