Sunday, May 11, 2008

Happy Mother's Day

All in all, I had a pretty good Mother's Day. It started with breakfast in bed made by my two wonderful children (with much help from Grandma--and a few tears from EE who didn't want me to get out of bed--that would've ruined her plans). It ended with a few tears from EE (she says she hears funny noises from her monitor in her room). Yup, pretty much a typical day.

EE was being exceptionally helpful and polite today . . . for the most part. Part of her helping was changing LC's poopy diaper. Which prompted LC to think she could change her next one herself. Thanks girls, but maybe mom will keep doing that chore for just a little while longer. She wasn't being polite the 50 times I had to tell her and LC to leave each other alone.

I also played "super mom" and baked cupcakes for Emma's birthday celebration in preschool tomorrow. Pictures will have to come later, I can't get my computer to read my camera card at the moment. I'll tell you they look like ice cream but they are cupcakes. I cheated because I have actually made them before for LC's b-day, but they are cute so I made them again.

Here is my breakfast in bed:
Photobucket

Our whole family (minus 3 husbands, but who needs them anyway) went out to brunch today. Here is Grandma with her own three loving daughters and their beautiful/handsome offspring:
Photobucket

The grandchildren look a little better here:
Photobucket

(On a side note, my hair looks better in the photo of me just waking up then it does all gussied up for church/brunch. You see my beloved curling iron decided to stop working. This morning. And, to my defense, I am going in for a full Mother's Day make-over tomorrow--haircut, highlight, and eyebrow wax. Compliments of me. Sometimes you gotta do it for yourself, ladies)

As I was thinking about Mother's Day this weekend, I started thinking about all the neat moms whom I've met online (or at least blog-stalk, they may not know I exist). A day just wouldn't be complete without checking in on some of my favorite moms:

  • I just have to mention Jenn one more time. She is my major mom crush. Three adorable children, a crazy life, and a husband to boot. What more could you want?
  • Then there is Teri. Mother of 4 (one of them you read about here). Wife of a new AF member. Moving to Germany with said family with the AF. In a few weeks. Wow. Her kiddos tend to keep her on her toes at times. Maybe they will be perfect angels in a different country.
  • Cristin is a mom who has to put up with a lot of shit. Literally. Go read about the crap she has to put up with. Gotta admire a mom who lets it all out (or at least her kids do, she just gets to clean it up).
  • Remember when you were to post so I could send books to this mom? Amanda has a CDH angel who likes to watch over these young un's down here and also has two wonderful daughters.
  • Jes is another mom with a sweet CDH angel, Parker. Parker just celebrated her 2nd birthday and angel day this past week. Her amazing parents have started a foundation in her name and will soon have a house available for CDH parents to use while in the hospital. Simply amazing.
  • I don't personally know this mom, but Jenn does. Jenny and her daughter Allie became somewhat of a legend on the babycenter.com bulletin boards, so I first learned about them there. Allie is yet another angel, but her memory lives on through many people. Her amazing mom co-founded Heroes for Children, an organization which helps families dealing with cancer.

There are also a few moms I'd like to give props to who don't have their own blogs.

  • My younger sister kdotp (that is short for her nickname, don't ask). She may have had a hard time becoming a mom, but now she has wild-man G and baby-on-the-way. Today alone she was told "Boy, he is sure busy!" about a dozen times and said "Yup, I know!" with a smile a dozen times. Do you think she doesn't know her adorable little guy is crazy? Just kidding, he just has a lot of positive energy that he has to get out someway. And with red hair and gorgeous brown eyes, he can almost get away with anything.
  • My older sister, aka "The Other Sister". As a brand new mom 9 years ago she had to kick a cheating husband to the curb. She wasn't happy working with her college degree, so she went back and got her nursing degree. Even though at times she doesn't quite act her age (she is a self-proclaimed groupie of this band and sits in the front row of almost every show she can get to) she is a wicked-mad quilter. Yes, she quilts, as in what your great-grandmother used to do.
  • My friend Robyn whose life at times is a country song gone wrong. She is the mother to 5 children. Three of them are biologically hers, one is biologically her husband's, and one is part of the family none-the-less. Crazy things happen to Robyn, and I'm surprised she hasn't gone crazy trying to keep track of 5 kids.

There are many more mom's I'd like to give props to, but you all have probably quit reading by now. It is a busy week around here with EE's b-day so hopefully I'll be back soon with reports on all the activities.

4 comments:

Cristin said...

Love the breakfast in bed photo... lookin pretty hot in the jammies and glasses!!
Happy Mother's Day!!

Cristin said...

Oh! Thanks for the sweet shout out!

Anonymous said...

Happy Mother's Day!

Your family is just absolutely adorable! And you do look smokin' girl in the pjs!

Thanks for the shout out too! It made me teary eyed! You ladies rock and I swear we all need to get together sometime in the near future!

Jenn M said...

AWWWWWWWW thanks for the love, I heart you too!
Loads of cuteness in the pictures, thanks for sharing!