Monday, May 12, 2008

I am now THAT mom

You know, the one you feel sorry for when you see her. The one who has a kid who pukes in public. Not once. Not twice. Let's hear it for three times! Yuck.

LC and I went to EE's preschool class for about an hour to help EE celebrate her birthday. Yes, I know her birthday isn't until Thursday but with 9 days of preschool and 7 kids with May or June birthdays, the days filled up quickly. LC was playing the other bigger girls and doing a pretty good job. Then she got a little overstimulated (hell, I was overstimulated and I used to teach preschool--that class was crazy today). She said her tummy hurt and was clingy. And then we had puke. Luckily not many of the bigger kids saw what happened, they were too busy eating their cupcake ice cream cones to notice. She yacked again right before we left. Poor thing. She had a 1.5 year puke-free streak going. Put her down for nap, she slept, and then EE was supposed to have a haircut. I figured I could drop EE off and sit with LC in the van. Of course in the two minutes we were waiting for the stylist, LC tosses it again. Always prepared (well, usually, anyway) I had a "puke bucket" for her, but it wasn't a pretty picture holding a barfer while trying to tell the cute, perky, young stylist how to cut EE's hair. I'm sure I will be a legend in that salon now. Great.

Now in my defense, I did cancel my hair appointment for this morning. Highlight, cut, and eyebrow wax. I was so looking forward to my appointment because I had an absolutely horrible hair day. Hopefully dh will be a sport and watch them tomorrow so I can go. And I should've probably cancelled EE's appointment, but I had no way to call them (dh has our one and only cell phone on his trip and we have no land line). Oh well.

So I've changed my clothes three times today. Fun times. Oh, and my tummy hurts, too. Where's my mommy?

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I hope to all things holy that it's just a fluke and not something contagious. I've been puked on more than enough by G to have to go through it again, especially after just getting over an EI.

Poor L. Hope you can get your makeover tomorrow. You need it. Ha ha! :p

Bad Mommy said...

That sucks. :(

Cristin said...

That sucks that you missed your day of beauty...
Darn kids... they ruin everything ;)

Hope she's feeling better soon.

Jenn M said...

yeek! I was that mom in February at Sam's Club and worse, picking up my oldest at school one afternoon. Poor E was mortified.
I hope everyone is getting better and you get your beauty day afterall!

where are y'all on the job decision?