Thursday, May 15, 2008

In the Middle of Madness

What do you get when you have a sick kid for four days, a party for nine 5 year olds, a family party, and a house to clean? Just a little bit of mommy madness. I think I have everything under control. Really. It may look like a tornado just hit my house, but we're making progress.

I hate days like today where it is PERFECT outside and I really need to be inside getting things done. Its really a sin NOT to be outside. Where we live, these days are sometimes few and far between. So hopefully this afternoon we will have time to go to a playgroup/going away party (no, its not for us--more on that in a different post) for a little bit. And expose all the healthy children to my child who was death warmed over for 4 days. Don'tcha just love mommies like me?

I must now bow down to the Pancake Princes, Teri. I attempted to make EE special pancakes for her birthday this morning (more on that later, too--man, I'm going to be busy!). The lumpy, lopsided "E" and broken 5 ended up in the trash and she was perfectly happy eating circles. Teri, please come teach me how to make pancakes like yours before you leave the country!!

Okay, back to my chaos. Hope to update later with all those teasers.

4 comments:

Bad Mommy said...

It's all in the turkey baster me dear. That a big ole spatula. Now I HAVE to make a road trip. :)

Jenn M said...

Happy Birthday EE!
I'm glad your day was so crazy or you may have been the emotional wreck I was when my E turned 5..."he's five, they say the first 5 years are the most crucial in overall development of character, self-worth, etc, did we do okay? did i do enough? BLAH BLAH BLAH!" Thinking back, maybe I was such a wreck because I was due in a month with a broken baby 'cause I'm sure I won't bat an eye when the next one turns 5!

I hope her day was special and you got enough finished to enjoy the weather! Now get to all those teasers, the sun ain't shining anymore.

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday Miss EE! Hope the party today goes well and you don't go too crazy with all the 5-year-olds running around your house.

Have fun with all the fam tomorrow.

Bad Mommy said...

Um HELLO? Update? You're killin' me over here....