Saturday, May 3, 2008

More girly parts

As I mentioned in the last post, we try to be PC when talking about male and female body parts. That is if they are below the waist. What do girls (and boys) have above the waist? That's right, people, oobies!

I'm not quite sure how this word morphed at our house. Most of the time dh will refer to breasts as boobies, and when EE started saying it she left off the first "b". From that point on, she has always called them oobies. She was about 2.5 years old when LC was born and she got to see feeding how mother nature inteded. That was when LC wasn't hooked up to her feeding pump being fed through a tube down her nose, mother nature didn't intend for babies to have to be fed that way. (She didn't intend for them to have holes in their body parts, either, but things happen). Anyway, EE would often see the oobies at work and would even pretend to feed her baby dolls with her own oobies.

When you call them oobies, a bra logically becomes "oobie pads". That's what EE will say. And the other day before I put one of those on she says, "Mom, I really like your oobies". Gee, thanks sweetie. Then she says, "Do you want to know what my favorite part is?" No, not really, but I have a feeling I'm going to hear it anyway. "The circles on top." That's nice, honey, we won't go into that anatomy lesson for a few years.

Even though only 75% of the household has vaginas, we all apparently have oobies. If dh is bare-chested, EE will say "Daddy, I see your oobies!" Once again, what ever works.

2 comments:

Cristin said...

Nobody has told me they like my oobies in a long time.... though if Dottie could talk...she would sing their praises....

Bad Mommy said...

heehee. Oobies. SC has been after me to buy her oobie pads.... EE is just so darn cute.